Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Terrorism threat thread

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    No reports of anyone being killed or seriously injured, thankfully.

That's the road I walked along to get between the station and the Royal Albert Hall to see Tori on Wednesday.

ETA.

The Met are not treating it as a terror incident at this time.

Last edited by beanstew; 10-07-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I probably went off half-cocked because the last time I was over there, I walked past that museum every day. I'm so glad there were no significant injuries.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    ^ It's understandable given the strength of the police reaction and the amount of conflicting information coming out.

Mogadishu truck bomb: 500 casualties in Somalia’s worst terrorist attack
    At least 500 people are believed to have been killed or seriously injured in Mogadishu, the capital of Somalia, in one of the most lethal terrorist acts anywhere in the world for many years.

The death toll from Saturday’s attack, which involved a truck packed with several hundred kilograms of military-grade and homemade explosives, stood at 239 on Sunday but is expected to rise as more bodies are dug from the rubble spread over an area hundreds of metres wide in the centre of the city. At least 300 people were injured, according to local reports.

Rescue workers on the ground said it would be difficult to establish a definitive death toll because the intense heat generated by the blast meant the remains of many people would never be found.
    What the fuck is wrong with our species.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

What's all this about an explosion at the NYC Port Authority Bus Terminal? Apparently some of the subway lines were evacuated there?

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    ABC is reporting a pipe bomb on the subway level under the terminals- Some injuries and a suspect in custody.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't know if he fucked up or the police were on top of things, but yay for this