Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorism threat thread

And the shooter there is still at large.

12 dead in Berlin now and police say they might have arrested the wrong man last night. Terrorist might still be running around armed and dangerous.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    There was talk about targetting Christmas markets already for a while now, but it is horrifying to see it happen. Hits home. Again. Sympathies to everyone living there and others who need it.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

A truck again, this time in Jerusalem. 13 wounded, 4 dead.

Police officer stabbed, at least dozen injured, after UK Parliament attack

BBC News just reported one woman has died, others are being treated for "catastrophic injuries".

Stay safe, London Unfers.
    Last edited by fluteoftheloon; 03-22-2017 at 03:33 PM.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I was on the South Bank when this happened. Apparently my instinct is to walk towards danger because I stood and oggled Westminster Bridge for a good 20 minutes before it occurred to me that standing a few hundred yards from an escalating emergency is probably not the best plan and I went to get food. I feel a bit sick now but otherwise alright. I hope all Unfers are safe.

^ I'm glad you're alright, spyk_! I hope everybody is safe as well. So scary.

Spyk!

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    It's honestly fine. Nothing to do with me. It's really strange seeing people tweet '#PrayForLondon' and see things about the 'London Attack' when I was just across the river from it, and I just went and got a chicken burrito before going back to work. The collective shock is the most disorientating thing - the idea that there is a 'we' who is now under attack from 'them'. I think the death toll has now hit 5 and I hope it doesn't increase any more. There was a group of French school children injured on the bridge.

I read that there were hundreds of tourists (including 50 children) trapped inside the London Eye for three hours when Westminster was on lockdown. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    It's honestly fine. Nothing to do with me. It's really strange seeing people tweet '#PrayForLondon' and see things about the 'London Attack' when I was just across the river from it, and I just went and got a chicken burrito before going back to work. The collective shock is the most disorientating thing - the idea that there is a 'we' who is now under attack from 'them'. I think the death toll has now hit 5 and I hope it doesn't increase any more. There was a group of French school children injured on the bridge.
    Good to know you are safe though.
    Can be strange to be in the eye of a storm; I had that with the recent riot in Rotterdam (I live like 100 metres away from the Turkish consulate). There was a lot of noise outside like sirens and cars honking, but as it was saturday night, I was as always drinking and playing games with friends and not at all watching the news. I was really shocked the next day when it was all over international news.

He has now been identified as a 52-y-o teacher.
    Active teacher or former? I hope he wasn't still employed by a school if he was on the radar as radicalized.

A truck drove into crowds in Stockholm, killing 2. One person arrested.

What on earth can police/anti-terror forces do about this now seemingly "favourite" method? It's so easy to rent a truck or carjack one. Takes no skill other than driving lessons. No bomb making, no buying explosives illegally. It is just so sinister in its simplicity.

And Trump better not gloat about this RE: "Last night in Sweden!"