Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorism threat thread

I'm okay, was nowhere near Drottninggatan today. Home safe and sound just before SJ tube/train went wobbly too.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    I'm okay, was nowhere near Drottninggatan today. Home safe and sound just before SJ tube/train went wobbly too.
    Thank god.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

As I wrote in another thread, I'm fine. I was at work when it happened. From what I heard at work (the main blood center in the city) there's at least 5 dead and 15 injured, but even our info was sketchy.

I live in the inner city (maybe a 15-20 minute walk from Drottninggatan) and for a while there were reports of gun shots in my neighborhood, but that turned out to be false. Getting home was a slog though as all public transportation into the city closed down. Eventually got a ride by a friends dad. Made it home by 8 PM, 3 1/2 hours after my workday usually ends.
    Last edited by Andreas; 04-07-2017 at 09:02 PM.

So glad you're ok Andreas.

It's so strange seeing the pictures and videos from after the attack. I've walked that street hundreds of times. It's where I go to shop clothes most of the time, and it's a stones throw from the main cinema and night club area. It's a relatively short walk from my apartment. It's just such an every-day place in my home city that seeing it cordoned off, stained with blood, with police and special forces all over is quite surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    It's so strange seeing the pictures and videos from after the attack. I've walked that street hundreds of times. It's where I go to shop clothes most of the time, and it's a stones throw from the main cinema and night club area. It's a relatively short walk from my apartment. It's just such an every-day place in my home city that seeing it cordoned off, stained with blood, with police and special forces all over is quite surreal.
    Exactly, everyone is Stockholm has been there, it's just where you go, it's our Oxford Street. I usually work off of Odengatan, and seeing all the pictures (I live outside of centre) is bizarre enough.

It's awful, and I don't think it has fully sunk in for me yet. Part of me is amazed more people weren't injured or killed, Drottninggatan is usually absolutely packed with people.

What does make me feel a little bit better is how the city handled everything. Police and medical services apparently did a fantastic job helping wounded and securing the area around the attack, stockholmers generally kept calm despite confusion and the closing down of all forms of public transportations, and private citizens open their homes to those who couldn't make it home from work last night. Restaurants and pubs kept open so that people would have somewhere warm to wait for transportation to function again, and people passed out food to police officers during the night.

The images of people helping with the clearup heartened me too.

Fucking weird, I've experienced the aftermath of two terrorist attacks now, 7/7 London bombings and now this.

Last edited by CC; 04-11-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Reports of explosions and fatalities after Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...losion-england

Possible explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK. Fatalities reported.

Shit.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

The explosion was in the foyer, Sky News is speculating it was timed to coincide with people leaving the concert. Still hoping it wasn't terror...

Preliminary reports say at least 20 dead. *sigh*

23 dead, 100+ injured. If it was indeed a terror attack, at a pop concert full of kids... I have no words.