Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorism threat thread

So glad you're ok Andreas.

It's so strange seeing the pictures and videos from after the attack. I've walked that street hundreds of times. It's where I go to shop clothes most of the time, and it's a stones throw from the main cinema and night club area. It's a relatively short walk from my apartment. It's just such an every-day place in my home city that seeing it cordoned off, stained with blood, with police and special forces all over is quite surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    It's so strange seeing the pictures and videos from after the attack. I've walked that street hundreds of times. It's where I go to shop clothes most of the time, and it's a stones throw from the main cinema and night club area. It's a relatively short walk from my apartment. It's just such an every-day place in my home city that seeing it cordoned off, stained with blood, with police and special forces all over is quite surreal.
    Exactly, everyone is Stockholm has been there, it's just where you go, it's our Oxford Street. I usually work off of Odengatan, and seeing all the pictures (I live outside of centre) is bizarre enough.

It's awful, and I don't think it has fully sunk in for me yet. Part of me is amazed more people weren't injured or killed, Drottninggatan is usually absolutely packed with people.

What does make me feel a little bit better is how the city handled everything. Police and medical services apparently did a fantastic job helping wounded and securing the area around the attack, stockholmers generally kept calm despite confusion and the closing down of all forms of public transportations, and private citizens open their homes to those who couldn't make it home from work last night. Restaurants and pubs kept open so that people would have somewhere warm to wait for transportation to function again, and people passed out food to police officers during the night.

The images of people helping with the clearup heartened me too.

Fucking weird, I've experienced the aftermath of two terrorist attacks now, 7/7 London bombings and now this.

Last edited by CC; 04-11-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Reports of explosions and fatalities after Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...losion-england

Possible explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK. Fatalities reported.

Shit.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

The explosion was in the foyer, Sky News is speculating it was timed to coincide with people leaving the concert. Still hoping it wasn't terror...

Preliminary reports say at least 20 dead. *sigh*

23 dead, 100+ injured. If it was indeed a terror attack, at a pop concert full of kids... I have no words.

They're thinking it was a suicide bomber with a backpack. Near the exit at the end of the show. Some injuries reportedly due to stampede.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

^ So, so sad and totally surprising. (Which may have been the point.) An Ariana Grande concert is the last place i'd ever expect a suicide attack.
    Last edited by dAmION; 05-23-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It reminds me of Stephen King's book Mr Mercedes, where there was a bomber at a concert aimed primarily at teen girls. Not to diminish this at all, but I enjoy his work more when it doesn't happen IRL. There were a few other things he wrote about that later happened IRL. Not as fun to re-read then.

I'm really sad about this... about all of these things. I don't have anything profound or helpful to add. Just sad.