Thread: Moving to Seattle

Moving to Seattle

My boyfriend and I will be relocating for work to Seattle from Chicago in a few months.
    Anyone here from Seattle with insight of where to move, good neighborhoods, ect..?
    Public transportation is a big must (I may be car-less for a bit) so would need to be accessible for bus, train ect.
    We are more urban than suburban.
    I don't have to be in the scene but like things a little lively or at least close by. i.e.Restaurants, theatre, walkable, some noise.
    Good running trail.
    Preferable gay friendly hood.
    If age matters, we are 36 and 41
    As for cost, don't want to exceed 2,500 for apt.

Right now, if anyone is familiar, I live on the north side of Chicago in a neighborhood called Edgewater/Andersonville. It has a great park with the lake and trail only a few blocks away, numerous places to eat, trains, buses all within a block.
    I do get that Seattle transit and food may not be as good but looking for ideas for something similar or comparable.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks everyone!

Matt

I lived in Seattle in the early 2000s. It's easily my favorite city.

Capitol Hill is the gay neighborhood. It's beautiful and lots of fun, but beware...rents have gotten out of control over the past few years. The Central District, the U District, and Beacon Hill are nearby and not quite as expensive.

Public transport is pretty damn good in Seattle. There are buses and light rail and it's fairly easy to get around. And the food is also amazing.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.