Page 3 of 133 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Boys for Pele 2-Disc Deluxe Remaster/Re-issue

Tori's Facebook just posted the announcement with the addition of "and never before released gems...."

!!!!!!!!!!!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    That is so awesome. Fair motormaids, yes finally?

hopefully included;

- Both Talula's
    - Walk to Dublin
    - Putting the Damage On Twilight
    - Fire eater's wife
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I just had a far-fetched idea. Do you think there's any chance that Tori's collaboration with Michael Stipe will finally be unearthed? They worked on it for the Don Juan de Marco soundtrack, at the same time when Tori was at work on Pele.

Speaking badger, fawn, rabbit RecoveringXian's Avatar
    Oh please, oh please...let the harpsichord come out for promotional shows/minor tour...

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Tori's Facebook just posted the announcement with the addition of "and never before released gems...."

!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also taking the unreleased part with a grain of salt; frequently that means b-sides most people haven't heard, live tracks or crappy demos (ahem Alanis). Of course I'd love to hear any unheard live tracks or demos from that era, or hell even just a full-length CD of her, Caton and George Porter Jr. noodling in the studio, but I can't help but notice that none of the announcements say unreleased songs; it's all unreleased material, unreleased gems, etc.

Still, can't wait for whatever is coming, and the much needed (hopefully double, given the length) vinyl release. And I hope to be proven wrong/overly skeptical with at least one unreleased song (Motormaids!).

Um, but can somebody do some quality control before it goes to print this time? I mean, we all picked up the UtP sound glitch and Upside Down flub in 10 minutes from a crappy YouTube stream... Put Tash in a room with some good headphones and don't let her out until/unless it's perfect.

I'm not so excited about the unreleased songs; I bet it's going to be a bunch of live versions. Maybe, if we're lucky enough, there'll be a version the New York concert, perhaps Precious Things. But I don't even think she'll include Walk To Dublin.

And London Girls and That's What I Like Mick are under copyright, I think, so I doubt those two will be included too. Maybe Siren? Or finally a good version of Me And You? That would be nice.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Super excited for Pele on vinyl! I have an unsealed copy of the original pressing that I will never open, and I would love to be able to listen to the album in that format.

-Unreleased songs would be really cool. Like others I am Skeptical, but if there is anything she truly hasn't released from that era, ***now's the time!*** So that gives me a little hope

-I'm only offended by the inclusion of Pro Widow and Voodoo remixes if they fall within the proper album sequence. Otherwise I'm indifferent

-Balancing cake and bread! Let's do this!!

-Live recordings from the DDI tour would be awesome. I don't listen to live songs much, but I'd love to listen to some high caliber performances from that era at least a time or two. Little Amsterdam in Seattle (first show) was so goddamn amazing -- my first concert!

Id honestly be stoked if the unreleased stuff included a live version of the DDI tour Father Lucifer with the full bridge and the exorcist "improv". That version of the song is PHENOMINAL and to have in high quality would be amazing. Harpsichord Bells for Her would be awesome too. I'm honestly looking forward to any live things from this era because something about her voice on this tour just absolutely kills me. I'm not expecting any new songs like Motormaids so I'm not disappointed if they don't happen, but will be soooooooo fking excited and surprised if they happen.

Awesome news, but the remaster makes me nervous. I think it still sounds so fresh!
    What's the consensus on the UTP remaster?

The consensus on the Utp remaster round these parts is that it's amazing but I've heard it elsewhere that it "doesnt sound very good. mostly its harsh. original release sounds much smoother".

I'm not sure which to believe as I haven't listened to the remaster myself for the simple reason that I really love the original with all its presumed drawbacks.
    Last edited by lars; 01-23-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post

!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not gonna lie, little bit of pee just came out. !!!!
    They say you were something in those formative years...

I wonder if this means there will not be a new album coming out this year (I am thinking more of marketing timing). Unless she plans on having a new album come out around the time that Pele is re-released to try to get old fans who might be interested in Pele to buy her new album...
    Last edited by Beelust; 01-23-2016 at 04:31 PM.

I doubt that a new album is coming this year.

I CAN NOT WAIT. There HAS to be lots of unreleased songs from that era. If it's true that she was doing a "vampire" album before BFP, then maybe there are LOTS of songs from that era?

Also, regarding the Tori/Michael duet...Slash was also on that if I remember the conversation correctly ( isn't that funny?). Kevin Killen ( who mixed UTP) said he doesn't think it'll ever see the light of day. He was the engineer on the session and no one was happy. They all really disliked it. So I don't think it'll happen.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down