Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga's historic February 2016: Super Bowl, Grammys, Oscars performances

Lady Gaga's historic February 2016: Super Bowl, Grammys, Oscars performances

We've almost hit the runway for Lady Gaga's fifth album.

Beginning the year with a Golden Globes win, she's now performing at 3 of the most watched broadcasts in America: the Super Bowl, the Grammys, and the Oscars.

Super Bowl: National Anthem to open the game. This will be the most watched performance of her career. The Oscars proved to skeptics that she can, in fact, sing. This performance will help the rest of the world catch-up.

Grammys: Performing a 7-minute medley/tribute to David Bowie.

Oscars: Performing her Oscar-nominated song "Til It Happens To You" from The Hunting Ground, a documentary on rape survival.

All of these high profile performances combined with her 2015 of good-will building are surely meant to position her at the top when she announces the details of her fifth album. So ready to be excited about her again. She seems healthier and happier than ever, too.

Before Bowie passed, Gaga had already been in talks to perform at the Grammys as a collaboration with Intel. The collab is still happening, only it's being incorporated into the Bowie tribute.

Promo image:

Any time someone tells me Gaga can't sing, I show them two things: her live version of Cher's "Bang Bang" on Vevo/YouTube, and the Sound of Music tribute from the Grammys. Whether or not you care for her songs or the hype that surrounds her, she's still a great vocalist IMO.

I'm anxious to see the Bowie tribute. I hope she keeps all these performances classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Any time someone tells me Gaga can't sing, I show them two things: her live version of Cher's "Bang Bang" on Vevo/YouTube, and the Sound of Music tribute from the Grammys. Whether or not you care for her songs or the hype that surrounds her, she's still a great vocalist IMO.

I'm anxious to see the Bowie tribute. I hope she keeps all these performances classy.
    Agreed. She seems like a different artist these days. We haven't seen a "pop" campaign in a while, and all of these tributes feel like damage control of sorts. The Stevie Wonder and Frank Sinatra ones were incredible. The Bowie one will hopefully be a spectacle. If she picks the right songs and presentation, it could go down extremely well. She's been an outspoken fan her entire career, so I know she'll make sure this is nothing short of a tribute worthy of his legacy.

What do people want to hear most? I'd love to hear her Life On Mars, Heroes, Fashion?

"Moonage Daydream" would be AMAZING.

As much as I love the song, I hope she doesn't do Fame. Too redundant for her at this point.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

I'm not sure how I feel about the National Anthem...

http://youtu.be/neNOi7RPRac

I thought it was incredible. I've watched it four times. She makes it her own, and hits every single note. My favorite is the "and the home of the brave bit," the one before the last line. Plus she looked so Gaga too; her interpretation/playing dress up as a national anthem singer at The Super Bowl.

That national anthem was as perfect as could be.

It's been amazing to have these nights (like the Oscars) when the response to her performance is just one of jaws dropping everywhere.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...DB&via=FB_Page

This is a nice article about her performance and helps explain my enjoyment better.

Banned
    I thought it started out amazing, but got a little hammy as the song progressed. If she had been a bit more understated, she would have really blown me away. The hamfistedness made it seem kind of insincere. But the opening bars where she was singing so well and being more reserved were pretty damn good.

^ That's sort of how I felt. It started out strong but fell apart somewhere for me in the middle.

Incredible. She also had to time it just right so that the Blue Angels flew over right when she sang "brave." Which is prob why she ended up singing it twice.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

She started the anthem flawlessly. But then she started swallowing her vowels in a strange way. I know she can belt and sing with proper placement so that was an odd choice for me. All in all, however, I'd say it was a successful performance. I loved her entire look.