Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Tour Dates

I wouldn't hold my breath for new additions. The show seems like a pretty well-oiled machine, and the only tracks that they change from night to night are the middle stretch (either "Medicinals" > "When Under Ether" OR "Written on the Forehead" > "To Talk to You") and the encores. According to one of the band members this time they didn't have any additional rehearsals to add more songs to the show.

ETA: Apparently the tour will be extended to South America in the fall, too!
    Last edited by rubidoux; 04-13-2017 at 07:11 PM.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    Getting anxious for the NYC show next week.

Any idea what this setlist will be like? I have an inkling it will be more of the past tour, but considering she's already done that in NY I'm hoping for something more varied. Love the new album, but would love a wider spectrum of material.

Any guesses?
    There are a bunch of recent setlists on setlist.fm...heavy on the current album but a few classics towards the end of the set and usually in the encore. Here's the one from Montreal the other night: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pj-harvey/2017/metropolis-montreal-qc-canada-7be6caf4.html

Does anyone know if she has an opener on this tour? Seeing her tonight in Boston! I've only ever seen her once before and it was the tour for A Woman A Man Walked By and she announced at the beginning of the show that there wouldn't be any of her solo material played (didn't stop drunk people from yelling out Down By the Water though).
    Last edited by MikeEP; 04-17-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Does anyone know if she has an opener on this tour?
    Low, Micachu & The Shapes, and Jehnny Beth from Savages opened for her on some European dates last year, and Xylouris White opened for her in Australia. Not sure if there are any opening acts on the US leg of the tour, though.

MikeEP - what time did she go on in Boston. There was no opener right?

Anyone going tonight in Brooklyn?

Excited she's been playing Guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    There are a bunch of recent setlists on setlist.fm...heavy on the current album but a few classics towards the end of the set and usually in the encore. Here's the one from Montreal the other night: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pj-har...-7be6caf4.html

Does anyone know if she has an opener on this tour? Seeing her tonight in Boston! I've only ever seen her once before and it was the tour for A Woman A Man Walked By and she announced at the beginning of the show that there wouldn't be any of her solo material played (didn't stop drunk people from yelling out Down By the Water though).
    oh WOW, "To Talk to You"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my favorites from recent years.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    the Boston show was incredible. she has a 9-piece (i believe that's how many i counted) band that sounds absolutely massive and she somehow isn't overpowered by it at all. the new stuff really opened up for me and since this was my first time ever seeing her solo, it was amazing to finally hear her do songs like 50 Ft Queenie, To Bring You My Love, Down By the Water, and Is This Desire? (in the encore). When Under Ether was another highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by scottslean View Post
    MikeEP - what time did she go on in Boston. There was no opener right?
    sorry for the delayed response! there was no opener and she went on around 8:30, just for anyone else who might be going soon.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Holy fucking shit, last night's show in Detroit was amazing! I was admittedly very meh about going, since I haven't really enjoyed any of her albums since Uh Huh Her. I think the saxophones and extended arrangements really helped though. I'll have to go back and try out LES and Hope Six again, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather just look for a really good live recording from this tour instead. 50ft Queenie was pretty much the best thing ever.

The show ran from about 8:46p-10:15p or so, and no opener. I knew she wouldn't, but was really hoping she'd come back out for a second encore since everyone was madly cheering. She looked genuinely happy with the warm reception.

*edit - I'm also a day too late sadly but evidently the merch table is selling a new 7" single for $25 with two outtakes from Hope Six Demolition Project - 'A Dog Called Money' and 'I'll Be Waiting'
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 04-25-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Any cute shirts? I'm seeing her in Austin on Friday.
    My face screams without an emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Any cute shirts? I'm seeing her in Austin on Friday.
    eh not my cup of tea - but yeah they're selling the stuff in the store right now:
    http://pjharvey.net/pj-harvey-official-merchandise/

Thanks

any idea what time she usually comes out on stage? Seeing her for the first time tonight in Denver!!! Have been a fan since 96'

At the show I attended she came out on stage almost exactly at 8.30pm (which was the hour written on the ticket). No delay, no opening act.

Quote Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
    At the show I attended she came out on stage almost exactly at 8.30pm (which was the hour written on the ticket). No delay, no opening act.
    Awesome! Thank you

Did she play any older songs? It looks to be like mostly newer songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pele-Boy18 View Post
    Did she play any older songs? It looks to be like mostly newer songs.
    The setlist was about 20 songs - half of them from the new album, a bunch from Let England Shake (I think 4?), and 1 or 2 songs from Rid of Me, To Bring You My Love, Is This Desire?, and White Chalk each. So you should expect a few older favourites as well, even though it's not really a nostalgic show.

Yea, I got:
    When Under Ether
    50ft Queenie
    Is This Desire?
    The Devil
    To Bring You My Love
    Down By The Water
    The Words That Maketh Murder
    This Glorious Land

And maybe one or two more from LES.