Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Tour Dates

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    I got a ticket for the Brixton Academy on the Sunday! I've never seen her live before, so I'm very excited. Her Glastonbury set was astonishing, and I really think the Hope Six songs are in their element when she does them live.
    So excited for you! I too have never seen her live. I reside in the US and cannot afford to jet off to LA or NY to see her. You are going to have an amazing time and I am so jealous.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    She hates us in the US.
    I'm thinking a bigger 2017 tour in the States is imminent, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Another Terminal 5 (NYC) show has been added for August 15th.

I'm seeing PJ at Terminal 5 in a few weeks! Very excited - I grew up listening to her but have never seen her live before.

Another LA show has been added for August 19th, this time at the Fonda Theatre.

Did anyone here go to either of the two NYC shows? I've been looking for some professional reviews, but I haven't been able to find any.

my log has something to tell you NightHunter's Avatar
    I went to the second night- I was highly impressed!!! While I appreciate the music on HSDP, I see it mostly as an art project, and some of the music to be amelodic. It all sounded much, MUCH better live!!! Everything was sharp and sophisticated. Peej was dramatic and very much in storyteller mode. Lots of theatricality to the music and its presentation. Not sure exactly what I was expecting, but the show exceeded anything I could've imagined going in.

I am truly bummed I missed this tour. I would have loved to see this album come to life.

^ Don't worry, Mick Harvey said that a full US tour, as well as Australia, South America and Japan are 'being discussed' for 2017.

She usually doesn't tour much, so I also thought I had missed my chance when I didn't go to the festival shows in June, but then she announced a headline tour of Europe, and now I'm seeing her in October! Excited.

I am hoping she will come here to DC. I'm sure she will since a large part of Hope Six is about our city.
    She was amazing when she toured for Stories from the City and played the 9:30 club here. I hope she plays there again.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I'm thinking a bigger 2017 tour in the States is imminent, but maybe that's just wishful thinking.
    Someone on Facebook, meet her at the stage door in LA, and asked her about more dates in the US, and she said that is being planned for 2017. She gave them an autograph but declined to take a picture. They said she was quite friendly but surprisingly there weren't that many people hanging out trying to meet her.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    They said she was quite friendly but surprisingly there weren't that many people hanging out trying to meet her.
    PJ's demeanor strikes me as being a bit unapproachable. Not a criticism, just an observation and a possible explanation as to why there weren't more fans there.

Good news about the US dates next year - I may finally be able to see her live!

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    Someone on Facebook, meet her at the stage door in LA, and asked her about more dates in the US, and she said that is being planned for 2017. She gave them an autograph but declined to take a picture. They said she was quite friendly but surprisingly there weren't that many people hanging out trying to meet her.
    That's very good news indeed! It's been over a decade since her last proper US tour, so here's hoping she makes up for lost time. Or at least she should do Coachella since I'll be there ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    PJ's demeanor strikes me as being a bit unapproachable. Not a criticism, just an observation and a possible explanation as to why there weren't more fans there.

Good news about the US dates next year - I may finally be able to see her live!
    I can totally see why people would think that since she doesn't do many interviews. But I've read about a few other fans who have met her and say she has always been very nice and open. I think it's more the media she has a problem with than fans or people in general, because sometimes they take things artists say out of context.

Australia & NZ tour in January:

01-17 Fremantle Arts Centre, Perth, Australia
    01-19 Thebarton Theatre, Adelaide, Australia
    01-21 Sydney Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne, Australia
    01-22 ICC Theatre, Sydney, Australia
    01-24 Logan Campbell Centre, Auckland, New Zealand
    01-25 Michael Fowler Centre, Wellington, New Zealand
    01-27 Tivoli Theatre, Brisbane, Australia