Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Tour Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    I can totally see why people would think that since she doesn't do many interviews. But I've read about a few other fans who have met her and say she has always been very nice and open. I think it's more the media she has a problem with than fans or people in general, because sometimes they take things artists say out of context.

Yeah, I actually met PJ once (back during the UH HUH HER era) and she was super sweet. Thought about trying to meet her at the first 2016 LA show but my friends and I were pretty tired and decided to bolt after. Glad to know there will be more US Shows.

Just a little rant. Hope I don't come across ungrateful but I think it's really unfair to be given less than 24 hours notice before tickets go on sale for a show. I was in hospital on Wednesday when they announced PJ's Australian tour and only to find out tickets were going on sale the very next day at 9am (under 24 hours) so it was hard to purchase tickets whilst in hospital and trying to access my bank account to have the $120 ready. I ended up getting Row N which is the furthest I've been for a PJ show. She's my fav musician so I'm usually at the front somewhere. At least I'm going I suppose but I needed to rant about the short notice they gave for this.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    US tour dates forthcoming.

http://www.bowerypresents.com/brooklyn-steel/

New York, NY – December 5, 2016 -- The Bowery Presents, the leading concert promotion and venue management company in the Northeast with venues in New York, Philadelphia, Boston and Maine, today announced the opening of a new venue in Williamsburg, Brooklyn Steel. Brooklyn Steel is the largest general admission venue in Brooklyn, with a capacity of approximately 1,800. With Music Hall of Williamsburg, Rough Trade and now Brooklyn Steel, The Bowery Presents will operate three venues in Brooklyn, offering fans unique and diverse concert experiences.

The Decemberists, Pixies, PJ Harvey, Two Door Cinema Club, Animal Collective, Perfume Genius, Whitney, Tycho, The Black Angels and San Fermin are among the first bands confirmed to headline Brooklyn Steel. Additional bands, as well as show details and on sale information, to follow in the coming weeks. American Express will offer its Card Members access to shows and pre-sales at Brooklyn Steel through its relationship with The Bowery Presents. Visit BoweryPresents.com for more information.

PJ HARVEY SPRING NORTH AMERICAN TOUR
    April 13 - Toronto, ON – Massey Hall
    April 15 - Montreal, QC – Metropolis
    April 17 - Boston, MA – House Of Blues
    April 20 - Brooklyn, NY – Brooklyn Steel
    April 21 - Philadelphia, PA – Fillmore
    April 22 - Richmond, VA – The National
    April 24 - Detroit, MI – Royal Oak
    April 27 - Dallas, TX – Bomb Factory
    April 28 - Austin, TX – Stubb’s
    April 29 - Houston, TX – Revention
    May 2 - Denver, CO – Fillmore
    May 5 - Seattle, WA – WAMU
    May 7 - Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
    May 9 - San Francisco, CA – The Masonic
    May 12 - Los Angeles, CA – The Greek Theatre

http://www.glidemagazine.com/176634/...american-tour/

Detroit!! First time since 2004 - I had tickets to that show but stupidly didn't go (looking at that amazing set still stings). Will be my first PJ show since 2000.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    I hate that I'll miss seeing her this time around. I'm glad you will get to see her in Detroit!

YES!! I'll definitely be at least going to the San Francisco show. May try and squeeze in either Portland or LA, as well.
    My photo blog: polaroidsf

The lack of Chicago kind of alludes to a Lollapalooza appearance in early August. Maybe she'll do a few other cities in between Louisville and that.

Or Pitchfork in Chicago is the same weekend as Forecastle in Louisville.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 12-07-2016 at 07:17 PM.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    omg I need to make San Francisco happen

How do you get access to the pre-sale?
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never seen her live before - definitely going to Seattle and Portland - this is exciting!

Boo hoo! No, Washington DC. I may have to take a road trip to Richmond but no one I know lives there. So maybe I should go to Brooklyn where I have friends, but that show will probably be harder to get tickets to. What should I do?

Looks like the Richmond venue holds 1500, and the Brooklyn venue holds 1800, if that makes any difference

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    The lack of Chicago kind of alludes to a Lollapalooza appearance in early August. Maybe she'll do a few other cities in between Louisville and that.

Or Pitchfork in Chicago is the same weekend as Forecastle in Louisville.

I'm assuming that the Chicago Theater is out because of the venue capacity. I guess she's not as popular here as I thought. Regina Spektor is playing there. Joanna Newsom and Neko Case played there on their last tours. So, no - not seeing PJ. I cannot stand for long periods of time so no GA shows for me. Shakes cane and wobbles out of thread. FUUUUUCCCKKKK