Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Tour Dates

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Yeah it looks like recent shows are only alternating between Medicinals/When Under Ether and Written on the Forehead/To Talk to You, and then just the two encore songs are changed up every night as well.

We got Guilty/Is This Desire for our encore. Is Guilty on that 7inch?
    My face screams without an emotion

No, the 7" is just A Dog Called Money and I'll Be Waiting. Guilty was released only digitally, I think.

Ahhh, I see. It was an alright song, but I was way more excited for ITD, natch.

^ Betcha! At my show the band started playing Is This Desire but Polly started singing The River, provoking a WTF-look from the musicians

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Tomorrow night will be the first time I ever see PJ in concert! It is so exciting!

And yet, I am actually kind of dreading it, because it is General Admission and THE WORST venue in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
    ^ Betcha! At my show the band started playing Is This Desire but Polly started singing The River, provoking a WTF-look from the musicians
    Honestly, I wanted The River but I was quite alright with ITD.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Tomorrow night will be the first time I ever see PJ in concert! It is so exciting!

And yet, I am actually kind of dreading it, because it is General Admission and THE WORST venue in Seattle.
    Make sure to get there early so you will be near the stage.

Thanks tMode! The venue ended up being fine for her show, for which I am very grateful. The sound was really great. She definitely got a big crowd here.

Here is the set list we got (seems to be fairly standard):

A few observations from the show:

-As has been observed in this thread many times, the Hope Six songs really do come to life in live context
    -How does that huge band *not* drown her out?!
    -She is so humble! For long stretches of the show she was not even out front, and no solos
    -Her voice is in amazing form. Huge dynamic range (To Talk To You - 50 ft Queenie - The Glorious Country - To Bring You My Love) and all sounded flawless and powerful and clear
    -I'm not generally a big fan of River Anacostia, but the "wade in the water/god's gonna trouble the water" bit as done live was very special. I could feel the drums and voices reverberate throughout my body
    -I came away realizing that many of my favorite PJ songs are actually newer: The Orange Monkey, The Glorious Land, The Devil
    -To Bring You My Love, The Glorious Land, A Line in the Sand, The Wheel, Ministry of Social Affairs, and The Devil were my favorites
    -It's an A+ show, very, very well done. Honestly amazing

PJ Harvey will always be the epitome of 'cool' to me. Just put her on the Wikipedia page already.

I want one of those 7" singles!

Oh crap, I FORGOT TO CHECK THE MERCH STAND.

But it was a great show. Her voice is as good as ever. There were multiple saxophones, and PJ played sax too. Still like the old material better, but still amazed at her creativity, commitment and talent. BOOM.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    That was a revelation last night. Also, I nearly wet myself when she started Highway 61 Revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    I want one of those 7" singles!
    I got one and I LOVE IT SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I got one and I LOVE IT SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me too!

The SF show was immense. I was front row and just trying to take everything in as much as possible, as I can only imagine how long it will be before I see her live again. The band was incredible. Talk about a gang of seasoned musicians filling the space with immense sound that just knocked the breath out of you. And agreed, grapefruit, that they never drowned tiny Polly out was kind of a marvel to witness. She's small, but she's a fucking powerhouse. An incredible show on all counts, and one I'm still replaying in my mind. Shame John Parish wasn't there. PJ said he had to fly home, hope everything is ok.
    My photo blog: polaroidsf

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    ... she's a fucking powerhouse.]
    Right?!! Awesome to read that you had such a great experience.