Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: New Supreme Court Justice, 2016 (Now with 100% more 2018!)

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Let us also never forget "justice" Kennedy fucked us all with his retirement to cover his own ass.

He, and Mitch McConnell should be hounded out of every public space they enter. Denied service. Met with constant harassment, everywhere they go. For the rest of their miserable lives.
    So I went to a birthday dinner with a married couple I'm friends with.. it was one of their friends birthday at Havana Rumba. We were pretty much saying goodbye and gathering things up when this guy started screaming. Then there was a lot of commotion and I thought that people were screaming at us. Or the people a table over who were as stunned as we were.

Guess who was sitting diagonal from us over a divider?? Mitch Mcconnell and his wife. They were just sitting there eating in everyday clothing. I would have never known it was them. They had absolutely no security with them.
    I felt like pretty much no one saw them until this guy started going off. They were just so blended in. lol. I go out often in Louisville and have never known Mitch and Elaine to be in the city for leisure. So that was weird enough on its own.

I went outside with Todd and Casey and we were a little rattled. I was rattled because I was still processing that it was us getting yelled at because we were standing up when the guy was yelling. And, also, that we were just eating with the Mcconnells. As Todd was driving away I saw from the car someone took Mitch's food, I think, as he was leaving and it was all over the ground. I think the guy threw his carryout. The Mcconnells were back inside. I don't really know what happened. I would think they went back in and called police. That or the guy took his food while we were all in there and threw it out.

Honestly, I wasn't like... it was just very surreal.

This is actually the second time I've randomly been in a restaurant with a lawmaker. Trey Hollingsworth, representative from Indiana District 9, was at a KFC when ACA was almost cut and I remember posting on here about it and saying how I just didn't have it in me to confront him in person. And how I kind of regretted that.

Anyhow. We were talking about it today on Facebook and Todd said it happens to Mcconnell all the time, now. He said he thinks Mitch is used to it.

The conspiracy theory part of me was almost thinking that Mitch McConnell wanted to get yelled at or something.. or maybe it was a set up to show that the "leftist mob" is attacking him even in Kentucky.
    Last edited by Volta; Yesterday at 09:02 PM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    There's a video up on TMZ but we had already left. The McConnells were closer to the bar divider. Looks like one of the guys chased them into the bigger dining room. Goodness me.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I don't know how I feel about these things. I suppose I wish people would make their feelings known, but not in such a loud, aggressive fashion. A simple "you are harming our country" should suffice.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    I don't know how I feel about these things. I suppose I wish people would make their feelings known, but not in such a loud, aggressive fashion. A simple "you are harming our country" should suffice.
    Yeah. There's no reason to get physical and throw someone's food. You can get your point across without being an ass. I get that people are emotional, but we're humans and should be able to control lashing out like that.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    True. I'm all for them being denied entry, turned away, and even confronted by people saying things like "you are ruining this country and you should be ashamed." But physical stuff like food throwing and potential physical harm isn't effective or constructive.

That being said, people's lives have been destroyed by the GOP's policies so I get why people are this angry. It's amazing how unhinged conservatives were about how Obama was "dividing us" and whatever. They were truly angry enough about his polices to justify voting in trump and cheering on everything that is happening right now. Kids in internment camps. Muslims, Immigrants in general. POC's, women, and LGBTQI people being targeted, attacked, mocked and losing their rights? Yeah. People are pissed and the GOP does deserve to face the music. Hopefully the upcoming elections will do just that.
    Last edited by Owen; Today at 05:09 PM.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    No touching, no violence.

But otherwise? Fuck 'em.

Good Trouble.