Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 288

Thread: New Supreme Court Justice, 2016 (Now with 100% more 2018!)

  1. #121
    DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    holt, mi
    Posts
    3,055
    ^I fucking blew the fuck up at a co-worker last week when he came in the room going on about how if we're 'going to go all the way back to high school to look for things people have done then I should probably be in prison' and I'm like seriously? First off, you're not running for supreme court justice. Also, what he did was pretty much rape. And also, that's gross as fuck.

    He then was fighting me on the whole rape thing, 'Oh, I hadn't heard that. Where did you hear that? It was just groping from everything I read' - I just said I'm glad those are qualities you really don't mind a fricking justice of the supreme court having, and walked out of the room to him sarcastically, loudly, saying WOW.

    Like, you come into MY work room and start empathizing/being all nostalgic for rape culture and I will fucking not have it. What a fucking asshole.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^I fucking blew the fuck up at a co-worker last week when he came in the room going on about how if we're 'going to go all the way back to high school to look for things people have done then I should probably be in prison' and I'm like seriously? First off, you're not running for supreme court justice. Also, what he did was pretty much rape. And also, that's gross as fuck.

    He then was fighting me on the whole rape thing, 'Oh, I hadn't heard that. Where did you hear that? It was just groping from everything I read' - I just said I'm glad those are qualities you really don't mind a fricking justice of the supreme court having, and walked out of the room to him sarcastically, loudly, saying WOW.

    Like, you come into MY work room and start empathizing/being all nostalgic for rape culture and I will fucking not have it. What a fucking asshole.
    This is the whole thing that was bugging me during a CNN round-table this weekend that nobody was bringing up. We aren't sending Kavanaugh to prison; there is no punishment being floated whatsoever - we just aren't giving him a huge reward. That's not the same thing. People are acting like he's not going to be a wealthy white dude when all the smoke clears.

  3. #123
    Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    691
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This is the whole thing that was bugging me during a CNN round-table this weekend that nobody was bringing up. We aren't sending Kavanaugh to prison; there is no punishment being floated whatsoever - we just aren't giving him a huge reward. That's not the same thing. People are acting like he's not going to be a wealthy white dude when all the smoke clears.
    Oh my God, fucking same. This "Innocent until Proven Guilty," shit. Sure, if he had been indicted and arrested for such crimes. Yes, let's try him in a court of law where he would be...you guessed it, innocent until proven guilty. But he's not. This is an amped-up job interview. He sure as fuck shouldn't get this job, just based on the bullshit that's been dug up on him - alone what's out there and verifiable, whether this accusation is true or not (it fucking is, but for sake of argument).

  4. #124
    DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    holt, mi
    Posts
    3,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    This is the whole thing that was bugging me during a CNN round-table this weekend that nobody was bringing up. We aren't sending Kavanaugh to prison; there is no punishment being floated whatsoever - we just aren't giving him a huge reward. That's not the same thing. People are acting like he's not going to be a wealthy white dude when all the smoke clears.
    Lindsey Graham's sound bite this morning had me noticeably cringing when he said there's virtually nothing Dr. Ford could say that would get him to vote no and that he's not going to "ruin Kavanaugh's life" over this.

    Um, fucking what?? Him not getting on the SCOTUS is ruining his life? Fuck off.

  5. #125
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,604
    I think I'm at the point where I don't need to know that there's more. I know there's more.

    But hey, there's more. Not Ms Ford. Not Ms Ramirez. Not the other one.

    Montgomery County investigators confirmed Monday they’re aware of a potential second sexual assault complaint in the county against former Georgetown Prep student and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

    While investigators weren’t specific and spoke on background, they said they are looking at allegations against Kavanaugh during his senior year in high school after an anonymous witness came forward this weekend.

  6. #126
    Senior Member Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,160
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Lindsey Graham's sound bite this morning had me noticeably cringing when he said there's virtually nothing Dr. Ford could say that would get him to vote no and that he's not going to "ruin Kavanaugh's life" over this.

    Um, fucking what?? Him not getting on the SCOTUS is ruining his life? Fuck off.
    Nobody on that side is crying for Merrick Garland either, and he didn't (as far as we know) sexually assault anyone.

  7. #127
    Remember. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Stagnant Water
    Posts
    7,836
    Just saw Avenatti on Rachel’s show.

    Kavanaugh is done.

    And I wouldn’t want to be Mark Judge right now.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

    Barack Hussein Obama

  8. #128
    strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sactown
    Posts
    2,533
    How are people still supporting this? I ... I just don't even understand. How can they be so truly disgusting and we have to fight so hard just to win elections ourselves? It's insane.

  9. #129
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,604
    There was a shitshow of a fox interview last night. I didn't watch, but I guess there were some incredible whoppers



    Yes, the strict carding system of high school parties with alcohol at them. Oh, and he wasn't legal because his state had gone to 21 early.

    Why can't he admit that there was underage drinking? The statute of limitations is far gone on that. It's not his fault necessarily it happened and even if it was, so what? The problem isn't that he might have committed a minor crime (especially for rich white kids) 35 years ago. It's that he's lying about it today.

    I drank like a fish before I turned 21. And quite a bit before 18. The only alcohol I've had in the last few years is the wine I put in my food when I cook. It's not a big deal 35 years later.

    There was an infuriating piece on the NYT podcast The Daily today featuring Ross Douthat (ugh) about why the republicans are standing behind him. Some of it is it was "boys will be boys", some of it was "it's not credible at this time,", and the rest are "it's just bullshit all together." There were no women speaking in the piece. No RAINN reps. No person familiar with the accusers. There was even a bit by Mitch on the floor of the Senate yelling about how the women in the Farrow/Mayer piece were unbelievable because they wouldn't speak to the NYT.

    Ronan came out yesterday and said the women didn't talk to the NYT because they were already talking to him. You know, how an exclusive works, esp on a story that hasn't come out yet. The NYT is really fucking it up this week. I don't want to follow right wing "fake news" points, but they have been factually wrong on two big stories this week and instead of correcting the record or shutting the hell up, they keep pushing their own "we're the best! fuck all y'all!" agenda.

  10. #130
    Senior Member fluteoftheloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Just saw Avenatti on Rachel’s show.

    Kavanaugh is done.

    And I wouldn’t want to be Mark Judge right now.
    Ah crap.


  11. #131
    And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where it's Wild and Wonderful
    Posts
    803
    But maybe Avenatti was punked by 4chan???

  12. #132
    Senior Member fluteoftheloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,073
    Yeah, that's the problem.
    For one, right wingers are already yelling "see, these allegations are just made up!!!!", completely indifferent to the fact that trolling isn't the same as a woman lying about rape. For two, Kavanaugh is not automatically done for good now because this third "victim" had the most serious allegations with the drugging and gang raping of women. I hate everything so much right now.

  13. #133
    Senior Member fluteoftheloon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,073
    Ugh, I can't keep up anymore. Was it a hoax or not and why did he lock his twitter account if the 4chan post was a joke and not the "haha guys, I trolled the lawyer dude" reveal?



    Jesus Christ, the last page....can't he just have his law license revoked altogether for this and the multiple perjuries, the SCOTUS seat would automatically fall away. I hope.
    Last edited by fluteoftheloon; 09-26-2018 at 03:16 PM.

  14. #134
    Administrator Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,969
    The thing about 4chan is that they troll people. Sometimes they troll people for real (like creating that White Power Hans gesture meme and passing it around to get liberals to take the bait) and sometimes they troll people by claiming ownership of a situation like this when they’re actually full of shit. You never know if they’re telling the truth or not. No one should ever believe anything they read on a Chan site.

    I’m very leery of Avenatti. I hope this is all credible or it completely torpedos Dr. Ford and Ms. Ramirez’s stories. People are already screaming they’re partisan hitjobs, and Avenatti has done them no favors by going on Maddow and hyping this like it’s a pay-per-view boxing match.

  15. #135
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,604
    I'm really looking forward to Kamala and Cory questioning "bart o'kavanaugh." I think it'll be the highlight of September 2018.

    I still don't understand why this is happening. I mean, I know it's the sunk cost fallacy and they can't back out NOW, but I don't get why they let it go this far. Even if they're successful, the cost is too high.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •