Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Tears of a Clown" Club show

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I am so impressed. I've always wanted this type of show from Madonna. Her ballads are her best work, IMO, and I love that she sat most of the time, sang live (mostly), and had a few drinks and loosened up

I wish she'd tour this, minus the clown concept, cuz it's weird.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I think this is one of the most interesting things Madonna has ever done. The clown metaphor, the singer songwriter vibe, the intimacy, the sad songs... and the apparent spontaneity. I hope it remains forever a one off. Really special!

EDIT: But after so many reports of shows starting many hours late, I will FO SHO never go to a Madonna concert. She needs to pull that shit together! Very, very discourteous IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I think this is one of the most interesting things Madonna has ever done. The clown metaphor, the singer songwriter vibe, the intimacy, the sad songs... and the apparent spontaneity. I hope it remains forever a one off. Really special!

EDIT: But after so many reports of shows starting many hours late, I will FO SHO never go to a Madonna concert. She needs to pull that shit together! Very, very discourteous IMO.
    I hate the fact that she was so late, however... it was a free show, and that set list... Yep, would have waited for three hours.

This is the best setlist of her career, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    This is the best setlist of her career, as far as I'm concerned.
    Well, at least the best since the Drowned World Tour. I didn't see Madonna here in Puerto Rico because her setlists have been awful for 3 tours in a row. But if this had been what she was performing during the Rebel Heart Tour, I would have bought tickets in a heartbeat.

On her instagram, she posted a clip of TOAC, so I'm guessing it's going to be released as part of the DVD. That will be interesting to see!

Monday night at some undisclosed location she is doing a small acoustic concert in support of Hillary Clinton. I guess it's a warm up for the December charity gig. I hope some film of it emerges online.

Here is the program for the TOAC event on Friday. It lists all the people performing with her. It also has the auction items which include private wedding photos of her and Sean, a trip to Malawi with her, and artwork from her private collection including works by Tamara de Lempicka, Marilyn Minter, Tracy Emin and Damien Hirst.

http://cdn.madonna.com/non_secure/im...wi-Catalog.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    Here is the program for the TOAC event on Friday. It lists all the people performing with her. It also has the auction items which include private wedding photos of her and Sean, a trip to Malawi with her, and artwork from her private collection including works by Tamara de Lempicka, Marilyn Minter, Tracy Emin and Damien Hirst.

http://cdn.madonna.com/non_secure/im...wi-Catalog.pdf
    she's going all out, no doubt she's profoundly invested in this project (hospital, etc.)

Philanthropist Madonna. I love it.

On her instagram, she posted a rehearsal clip. She's doing American Life!

She references Standing Rock, so it seems the show has a political bent.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glindathegood View Post
    On her instagram, she posted a rehearsal clip. She's doing American Life!

She references Standing Rock, so it seems the show has a political bent.
    Yasssss! I hope we get a decent recording of this somehow. I know it would never happen, but I would just about die if she ever performed the American Life album from start to finish. Been playing the shit out of it over the last few weeks, for obvious reasons.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Hmmm, interesting. Here's the set list I captured:

1 - Send In The Clowns
    2 - Like It Or Not
    3 - Toxic (Britney Spears, Donald Trump tribute)
    4 - I'm So Stupid
    5 - Beautiful Stranger
    6 - Easy Ride
    7 - American Life
    8 - Don't Tell Me
    9 - Express Yourself
    10 - Holiday