Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Native Invader Tour Dates

Thanks to you both!

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Why oh why is the Royal Albert Hall so bloody expensive? (I actually know why but it's still frustrating). After the release of Reindeer King I'd love to book for this tour - I've only seen her live once before, at the Hammersmith Apollo in 2009 - but the only tickets left are standing Gallery spaces for £43.30. I wish she was playing the Apollo instead this year, or another less "premium" venue. I saw PJ at the Brixton Academy last year for about £25, and I was stood right near the front. I just can't justify paying nearly fifty quid to stand around the back of the stage. I think it's great that she still plays venues like the RAH, but I wish she balanced it out with somewhere more accessible.

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    Hadn't seen this mentioned yet. Looks like opening band for North American dates will be Scars on 45.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...ith_Tori_Amos/
    A BRADFORD band will play a homecoming concert in the city before they support a major star on her North American tour.

Scars on 45 will perform at Artworks Creative Communities, Delius Arts & Cultural Centre, Great Horton Road, Bradford, on Friday, September 15, between 7.30pm and 10.30pm.

It will be a warm-up for the group’s support stint with Tori Amos, famous for hits including Cornflake Girl and Professional Widow, on her US and Canada Native Invader tour.

The 20-date stint with the singer will start on October 24, in St Paul, Minneapolis, and finish on December 3, in Los Angeles, California.

^ She announced this about a month ago I think
    -time moves both ways-

Is there any chance she could still announce dates for Australia? If I remember correctly the AATS tour dates for OZ came after the initial tour. Wondering if she could be holding off based on her mothers health, as Australia is geographically so disconnected from North America? Which of course is understandable..

She's not even doing Florida dates, so I'm dubious of Australia dates.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    Why oh why is the Royal Albert Hall so bloody expensive? (I actually know why but it's still frustrating). After the release of Reindeer King I'd love to book for this tour - I've only seen her live once before, at the Hammersmith Apollo in 2009 - but the only tickets left are standing Gallery spaces for £43.30. I wish she was playing the Apollo instead this year, or another less "premium" venue. I saw PJ at the Brixton Academy last year for about £25, and I was stood right near the front. I just can't justify paying nearly fifty quid to stand around the back of the stage. I think it's great that she still plays venues like the RAH, but I wish she balanced it out with somewhere more accessible.
    If you did want to go i still have my ticket for sale, it hasn't come yet but i'm going to the gig so can meet you there or post it nearer the time, if you did fancy it let me know. Face value was £68 (eek)

i wrote about it here
    http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread...l=1#post515555

"my friend is selling me their spare arena seat, so i will have a spare stalls G ticket for london for sale, cost me £68, i can meet you there or post it etc. And if you need 2 rather than a single another friend has a spare 2 seats from that one!

We're skint, so need to get that money back if we both get the floor seats.

I think i wrote that more complicated than i needed to!

Point is stalls G for sale cost me £68 inc fees. Let me know"

i'm not good at a sales pitch! Not used to having a seat to sell! But here's where it is (ie the big black splodge is where the ticket is) -

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^Is the perspective of that picture totally off, or are many of those seats facing away from where she will be playing? That just looks like an incredibly awkward layout lol.

And yeah, Australia isn't happening. It would have to be in 2018, and the word is no touring next year.

All of a sudden there are 100+ tickets available in the stalls for the London Royal Albert Hall show. Really excellent seats. Don't know why on earth, because it was sold out a couple of weeks ago, but if you didn't get tickets before now's your chance!

Not sure which thread is best for this, but Bright Light Bright Light is hosting a "A Sorta Dance Party" in Brooklyn, the night after the Beacon shows:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1142047452605583/

Is there a thread for folks looking to carpool between shows? I'm looking for a ride from Atlanta--can throw in for gas, food, whatnot.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Boxscore info starting to come in...

Tori Amos
    Chicago Theatre
    Chicago, Ill.
    Oct. 27, 2017
    $192,610
    3,462 / 3,462
    $85, $65, $45, $35
    Jam Productions

It's the only one so far, but that's awesome. Sold out show, get it girl!

Flying to the USA from Germany tomorrow and will see my first ever US show in 1,5 weeks time. Soooo excited