Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Native Invader Tour Dates

How do you know that's what her focus is?

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Tess spilled all at her recent McDonald's m&g stint.

OIC

It's a perceived focus. Don't be daft. The Unrepentant Geraldines record and tour both made it pretty apparent she was focusing on herself in a way she hadn't around 2007-2009. No, Tori shot me a line and said "Hey, so this is my promotional image now."
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Senior Member wheretheorchidsgrow93's Avatar
    Yessssss. I know most will disagree but I really want to see her with the band. I've only ever attended the London shows for GD and UG and I really want to see her with the band in person.
    I'm glad you're on my side, still.

The recent string quartet and solo tours were so reinvigorating that I really don't think I ever want the band back. The last band tour was NOT a good one, and while I'm sure the band itself isn't completely (or perhaps even at all) to blame for that, it just seems best for Tori to not go down that route again.

I recall her singing an improv in 2014 which had a line something along the lines of "oh how I miss Matt and Jon"

I hope they aren't gone for good, even if they aren't around for the next tour.

Do you guys reckon she would tour specifically for the BFP re-release? That'd be amazing. Maybe we would hear Walk To Dublin live

I really don't think she'd do a whole tour for #BFP20, but I was kinda half-expecting her to do a special show in London or NYC or something. Of course we still don't even have a firm release date yet, or even any solid details on the release, so... probably not.

I can dream

Banned
    Ever since 2005 it's was ever two years, literally walking into walls lately.

i really hope the band comes on this one, or that Tori does a more organic solo tour that UG or the 2015 show. the synth cheapens her sound, and the backing tracks are insulting to an artist of her caliber. on the other hand, her voice has never sounded worse than 2015, did u guys watch the baloise session? one of the most hideous things i`ve ever watched. makes me sad for her

As far as BFP20 tour, can u guys imagine all the songs re-done like Talula from baloise session? no thanks lol
    Last edited by Yessica; 09-25-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Last edited by SloppyJane; 09-25-2016 at 10:45 PM.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Yessica View Post
    on the other hand, her voice has never sounded worse than 2015, did u guys watch the baloise session? one of the most hideous things i`ve ever watched. makes me sad for her
    Mm, I'm going to respectfully disagree on the never worse comment. Having just gone through a bunch of 2005 bootlegs again, there's no doubt that her voice is in a much better place than it was 2005-2009. It was definitely weaker than it was for the 2014 tour, but vocally she's doing pretty well these days. As for the Baloise Session, well duh. That soundboard rips her of all reverb – something she desperately needs. It just doesn't do her any favors. Plus, we all know how nervous filmed shows make her. That show really wasn't as bad as people say it was; it's not her best effort, vocally or otherwise, but a dry as hell soundboard mix isn't helping her.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I say look at it this way, a band tour with Matty and Jon would maybe get us Datura live!! (not just the room in my heart part in Take to the Sky etc)

Quote Originally Posted by AToriFan View Post
    I say look at it this way, a band tour with Matty and Jon would maybe get us Datura live!! (not just the room in my heart part in Take to the Sky etc)
    It didn't happen on the last 4 band tours post-Venus - apparently they've rehearsed it, but couldn't make it work.
    ~just an underwater thing~