Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga - Joanne - October 21, 2016

Lady Gaga - Joanne - October 21, 2016

Since last year, Gaga's been in damage control mode. With all of the performances she did in 2015 and early 2016, which ranged from Stevie Wonder tributes to singing the National Anthem, she's basically built up the goodwill she lost during the latter half of the Born This Way era and basically all of ARTPOP. It'll be 3 years since ARTPOP in November 2013, which is hard to believe.

She confirmed at the Golden Globes that the new album is coming out this year. When she changes her hair, you know shit's about to go down.

While no specifics have been announced in terms of dates or singles, it seems she's learned her lesson from hyping her projects to unreachable expectations. Things have been alarmingly quiet, but she's posted enough on her various social media channels for us to know that the following people have at least had sessions with her for this album:

• RedOne
    • Diane Warren
    • Elton John
    • Nile Rodgers
    • Mark Ronson
    • Giorgio Moroder
    • DJ White Shadow

Eclectic mix. I'm wondering if a funk-flavored album is in store? Regardless, this does feel like an important release for her. Finding favor with the general public again is great and all, but she needs an album to remind everybody why she's crucial to pop music, and why she's more than just a tribute act. I'm cautiously optimistic, because I think she also knows that.
    Last edited by Jake; 08-17-2016 at 01:58 PM.

I'm super excited, even though there's no details to be excited about yet haha.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

It'll be great. She always has a few brilliant tracks on her albums. I would love for her to follow the sounds of "I Want Your Love."

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Venus and Manicure are fabulous. I don't care if I love her entire album, a couple of great tracks that help energize me when I'm running (or singing along in the car) are perfectly great! Be so interesting to see what she comes up with.

- She posted a photo with Father John Misty, creating speculation he's writing with her on the new album.

- People reports that TLC is in the studio with Lady Gaga for (I assume) their album.

Father John Misty working with Gaga is the craziest thing I've heard since The Flaming Lips and Kesha. I am SO hoping it's true because I can't imagine how he got involved with her or how he could influence her in ANY way. I mean, their music is so completely different that it's like oil and water ( I guess with the exception of True Affection which hints at an amazing pop sensibility). I'm just so happy that he's getting so much success and recognition because he's so amazing. But yeah, him and Gaga? That would DEFINITELY be nothing but interesting. I know this is my own perception talking, but I would've assumed that he couldn't stand her music but who knows? It's just a shocking idea to me.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Looks like another Tony Bennett album is coming up next:

http://gagadaily.com/story/news/lady...ny-bennett-90/
    Last edited by grapefruit_is_winning; 06-05-2016 at 08:05 PM.

I doubt she'll release another duets album with him and delay her solo album, but maybe the two will coexist. Otherwise, my bet is it coming out for the holidays.

Rumors swirling that we're gonna get the lead single this month! John Norris, some radio DJs, and a couple other random places claim we'll have it in the next 30 days. Good Morning America has an August 19th concert slot yet to be announced, and of course the VMAs are at the end of this month.

I'm so ready for this. She's worked with some incredible names - Mark Ronson, Tame Impala, Bloodpop/Blood Diamonds in terms of new people, and former collaborators like DJ White Shadow, Diane Warren, and RedOne.

yesssssss bring it on. I was listening to Artpop today. Totally jonesing for new Gaga and super-curious to see what she has up her sleeve.

It's happening!!!!

New single "Perfect Illusion" is out in September.

www.ladygaga.com

BRING IT ON.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

OMG I love the website. You can't click on anything, it's modern, there's not a shit-ton of info or hype...just letting the music speak for itself. Can't wait.

Edit: don't know if this was already known, but the single was produced by Mark Ronson and Tame Impala's Kevin Parker. Apparently it's a dance floor anthem about a " romance gone wrong" and "touches the highs and lows: the perfect illusion". Gaga says it's about "modern ecstasy" and that she gets a "sick shot of adrenaline " whenever she hears it.

If this is actually a dance floor anthem worthy of her earlier stuff, I'm stoked.
    Last edited by Adam; 08-20-2016 at 03:26 AM.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

She's teasing on her Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/ladygaga/?hl=en

Looks like she's basically telling the story of how the song was made?