Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga - Joanne - October 21, 2016

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Love the single cover!
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Perky View Post
    I'm nervous. I've always thought Gaga excelled at dancey electronic pop music, and that her forays into being more "rock", "raw" and "authentic" have been pedestrian at best, embarrassing at worst ("Brown Eyes", "Dope", "You & I" and basically all her old glam-rock demos).
    Brown Eyes, You & I and Speechless are some of her worst released songs, ever. Aesthetically this doesn't look like that's what we're in store for, so I fucking hope not. Dope would be fine if it weren't so horrendously vocally overdone.
    Unworthy is the ruler whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.

You and I is the best lady Gaga song and poker face and just dance are garbage

Ok, well not garbage but not really interesting in any way. I actually had a mild dislike of Gaga based upon those first two singles. It wasn't until LoveGame and The Fame being featured in an ANTM trailer that I got into her. You basically listed half my favorite songs. Gahaha. I think her rock songs are super cute and endearing.
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 09-07-2016 at 11:19 PM.

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I liked Speechless as a one-off.. but I wasn't a fan of Brown Eyes or You and I.

I do love Dope, though. I always imagine she's imitating Judy or Liza when she's singing it.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RG View Post
    Brown Eyes, You & I and Speechless are some of her worst released songs, ever. Aesthetically this doesn't look like that's what we're in store for, so I fucking hope not. Dope would be fine if it weren't so horrendously vocally overdone.
    Haha I forgot Speechless existed because I replaced it with No Way on my playlist for The Fame Monster.

I just don't feel like her rock ballads are interesting in any way at all. They're generic "garage band covers Queen" songs with bland production and dopey lyrics. They're every opening act I've ever seen for Electric Six.

That sounds marginally better than whatever the opening act was the last time I saw Electric Six; it was like this weird 3OH!3 meets "Hot Girls Have Problems Too" mash of unfortunate.
    Unworthy is the ruler whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pi...le-tbd-w438542

Lady Gaga, Title TBD

After two years singing standards with Tony Bennett, Gaga has been quietly working with artists like Elton John, Nile Rodgers, Tame Impala's Kevin Parker and RedOne on her fifth LP, which her producer BloodPop calls "soul-rooted, [but] pop at heart." He describes writing its upcoming single "Perfect Illusion" – "a big rock song that makes you want to dance" – with Gaga, Mark Ronson and Parker in Malibu: "They started at noon and wrote into the night. Every few days, a lyric would change and it would get better and better."

I'm super stoked for a new Lady Gaga album! I'm glad she's back with RedOne too - I find myself going back to those earlier tracks before she became "Mother Monster".
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

RedOne did a lot of the stuff on The Fame Monster too, though. I actually hope he's not on this album. I want this to be a departure from everything she's done before it.

Gaga is teasing the song/video on her Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/ladygaga/?hl=en

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    "A big rock song that makes you want to dance".

Sounds ugh.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    a big rock song that makes you want to dance "sounds ugh"? lighten up.

So I love the single cover. It's so refreshing to see her look "normal". She looks like she's going to Coachella. But I'm disappointed it's described as "soul-tinged". I'm so sick of the "soul-tinged" movement. Amy is gone, she was the queen and now it's boring and tired. I would've rather it been described as an indie pop-rock album.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Soul-tinged, big rock song, dance...... Sounds like Born This Way.

Lady Gaga has always has "soul-tinged" music, though. Especially on the Born This Way songs.