Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Lady Gaga - Joanne - October 21, 2016

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    this would've made a great first single. I get that she probably wanted to push the envelope with Perfect Illusion though. And the timing of this is great between the Super Bowl and the announcement of the tour -- it almost feels like a re-launch of the era.

Joanne on the Billboard 200 the last 3 weeks: 66-2-8. "Million Reasons" went to #4 on the Hot 100 chart last week but dropped to #18 this week.

Nice Super Bowl boost for sure! Happy for her.

Not sure about the John Wayne video. I do like the song, but the video almost felt like someone else's approximation of a Lady Gaga video based on Fame Monster/Born This Way rather than something really interesting or unique.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I am not a Gaga fan but I will have you know that I listen to John Wayne, Million Reasons, Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion, A-YO, and Dancin' In Circles on repeat while I'm working out. They are just so fucking catchy.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    ^ A person's rules for good music totally go out the window when it comes to working out. Like I would practically never listen to Britney Spears in the light of day, but in the dark of the gym Toxic, Piece of Me and Gimme More are brilliant. Survivor and Bootylicious (Destiny's Child), Fighter (Christina Aguilera) .... all great for inspiring movement!

^I consider every song you listed "good music."

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Well, you are totally right Jake. They are good songs, even great really (well Bootylicious may be merely good!) What they are not is songs I turn to for emotional resonance. That's really the difference, not any sort of inherent, implicit quality.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    ^ A person's rules for good music totally go out the window when it comes to working out.
    eh. i like what i like. no rules. i listen to those same songs from Joanne in my car when i am feeling salty.

Kala is Gaga's number one fan monster.

^
    What are you talking about? Sheesh.
    My face screams without an emotion