Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: American Gods

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar

American Gods

So, I know we have been talking about American Gods becoming a t.v. show for a while, but it is really happening folks!! It is going to be on the Starz network (and they have a Twitter account that I have been following), with Bryan Fuller at the helm (Hannibal and Pushing Daisies) and it has been shooting for a bit now I guess. It was just mentioned recently that Ian McShane will be Wednesday, and Gillian Anderson has just been announced to be playing Media. Ricky Whittle (probably best known for the show The 100) will be Shadow, so it is good that they are keeping with what the character seems to be in the books, with "coffee and cream" skin. Pablo Schreiber from Orange is the New Black is also in this as well, along with many others. I am beyond excited for this show!!
    Suck it, Shawn.

I can't believe it's finally happening! It seems like forever ago they first announced it.

I know!! Originally it was supposed to be on HBO and that ended up not working out, and eventually a deal was struck with Starz, which is a good thing, I think. They have done a good job with Outlander and also have other interesting series as well. Flesh and Bone was quite good, for example. And Bryan Fuller is a fantastic show runner. So happy this is finally coming together.
    Suck it, Shawn.

How is Bryan Fuller going to do this AND the new Star Trek, though? I love him, because Hannibal, but I'm confused.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

^ I forgot that he was going to do the new Star Trek as well. American Gods has been filming since the end of March, and is supposed to go until early September, and the new Star Trek is supposed to start filming in the last quarter of the year, so it will probably be starting shortly after AG wraps. He must be super busy, but it is doable, I guess.
    Suck it, Shawn.

Some more news - Orlando Jones has been cast as Mr Nancy, which I think is pretty interesting casting. I really like him, he has great comedic acting chops and I think he will do well in that role. Also, EW online recently posted two screenshots/on-set photos, of the early bar scene with Shadow (Ricky Whittle) and Mad Sweeney (Pablo Schreiber) in a fight and Wednesday (Ian McShane) is looking on.

american-gods-tv-series-ian-mcshane.jpgamerican-gods-tv-series.jpg
    Suck it, Shawn.

Princess Sparklefists Sansa Spark's Avatar
    I can't even believe how good it looks. My expectations felt unrealistically high!

Damn, Nick, you beat me to it! This looks so damn amazing. I was highly anticipating this before, and I am even more excited about it now, holy shit!
    Suck it, Shawn.

From the trailer it looks like they did a great casting in Shadow and Wednesday (well, you can never go wrong in casting Ian McShane). I'm looking forward to this.

I have chills after watching that preview! Talk about a perfect attention to detail.

I need to read this book.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    WOW. Looks incredible.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    Got chills at, "Who said I died, Puppy?" This makes me want to reread the book before the show starts.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I think I read American Gods in 2012. It is one of my top 20 favorite books. I love Neil Gaiman but he gets so much props from me for choosing Gods whose mythology I wasn't over-saturated with. Some I didn't know at all. I think the Greek and Roman Pantheon has been done and done so much over the years that I know each God's waist size.
    American God's was very refreshing.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush