Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Gods

I love the intro to the show. So visually stunning. The show's good too. I'm also having a hard time remember what I read in the book and watching the show so many years later.

God, the casting on this show; Orlando Jones, Cloris Leachman, Martha Kelly, Gillian Anderson and Peter Stormare debut just in this episode.

How did I miss Gillian Anderson?!

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    How did I miss Gillian Anderson?!
    She was Lucy Ricardo

Ah yes.....I was kind of distracted during that part.

Holy SHIT. WHOA. That was intense. I have to say that I'm LOVING it. Did I ever think I'd see a man be sucked into a woman's vagina on tv? Nope. And is this the first show that's openly shown erections? It's like they have just pushed the envelope to the point of ripping it apart. The show is gorgeous, the acting is great and I LOVE all the weird little things in the show like when the lamp was thrown. Instead of just a lamp being thrown, they used effects to make it look almost magical. In a way, my only fault is that sometimes the special effects are gratuitous and cheap looking ( as opposed to the blood in the opening that looked almost 3D and blew me away) but at the same time, I kind of love it for that.

Basically, I'm all for this show and can't wait for episode 3. And I CAN NOT wait to see Chenowith as Easter. That's brilliant casting right there.

The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

OMG that scene with the Djin! That is a sexy man-god.

I've read that episode 4 is particularly good; can't wait for Sunday.

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    Last night's episode was my favorite by far. Emily Browning is incredible in this.

By the methane lakes Bloody Grace's Avatar
    I loved last night's episode, but I admit that the way Shadows hooked up with Laura made me feel some real discomfort. It was creepy, especially when he told her to bring him home. I understand that she's weird too, but... a gambler waits for you in a parking lot after work, late at night, offers you to be his partner in crime and, when you refuse, he tells you to bring him to your place to fuck and you do it? Whew. I'd have called the police after 30 seconds. It's not that because he's hot and he's the protagonist it's ok.
    Last edited by Bloody Grace; 05-23-2017 at 08:32 AM.
    My website! LOOK, ART!1
    A certain darkness is needed to see the stars - Under a warm tuscan sun

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    I took that as all being part of Laura's not really caring whether she lived or died and just needing to do something dangerous to break up the monotony of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    She was Lucy Ricardo
    Next week

Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 05-24-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Lord, that sex scene had me fanning myself. Hot Hot Hot!!!

I live 45 minutes away from House on the Rock and I went there for the first time today. I cannot wait to watch the scenes they are going to film there...it's so creepy and intense.

Spoilerish

What an ending! FINALLY some explanation! I haven't read the book, so I've been following along blindly.

The special effects sometimes left something to be desired.... though I find myself wondering if that's done on purpose. Much like some of the effects in the Twin Peaks revival seem to be intentionally hokey. Like a video game.

Also, Laura Moon's storyline is epic! I often find myself dwelling on it. Thinking about how unsettling it is. The scene between her and Easter had me at the edge of my seat!

And Gillian Anderson just keep getting better and better. I've adored her ever since I started watching Xfiles when I was a little kids years and years ago. It's exciting to see her career evolving like this. She's a real treasure.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    is there a way to watch this legally without starz or the opposite of that?

if not I hope the streaming rights get on other platforms. or the dvd release isn't a year away.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.