Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play by forum; Flashpoint #01. SIGN-UP NOW (for Spikey-modded cooperative fun).

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar

Play by forum; Flashpoint #01. SIGN-UP NOW (for Spikey-modded cooperative fun).

Welcome aspiring Fire Rescue recruits, to

"Flashpoint"!

Was trying to come up with something special (though practical) to play here in the forums as I enjoyed you guys so much with The Resistance. Have been preparing the popular cooperative game "Flashpoint" for a play by forum. It is completely open in terms of information, so no PM hassle or full inboxes with this one! Also, very easy to learn.

In this game, the players have to work together as firewomen and -men to extract helpless victims from a burning building. Each turn you are given a few action points, which you can spend to move, extinguish fire, remove hazmat and carry victims. Meanwhilest, the fire keeps spreading, explosions run rampant and the building is about to collapse.

As a "cooperative game", either you win as a team (save enough victims) or you lose as a team (too many victims die, building collapses, etc.). Rules will be posted with enough interest.

You are not without means, of course! Aside from the ambulance and the fire truck, each of you will have a special role with its own benefits.
    Whether you are the woman with the chainsaw or the man with the deckgun, fires you shall extinguish and peoples you shall rescue!

There will be a totally non-strict time limit of 24 hours for checking in on the game thread, though not on weekends.

NO EXPERIENCE AT ALL REQUIRED!!

Please post in this thread if you want to join the game, the exact rules as they will apply to the Play-by-forum i will post later in the game thread.

6 players max can join!

Player 1; RG (green)
    Player 2; soignee (white)
    Player 3; JayPeaches (orange)
    Player 4; Spikey (yellow)
    Player 5; Regina Phalange (red)
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Me!
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Welcome Robert, first recruit in!
    Please choose the colour of your outfit;

;

meeee! I'll play too. Sounds fun!

Green for me~
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I suck at being present enough for play-by-forum but I will say that this game is a blast to play, so have fun
    post28!

I'm in

Three is company.

Soignee, JayP, you can both pick a colour too (not green)!

white for me!

PEACH! (and by that, I mean orange)

Hadn't realised, I can join myself too if there are slots left open.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    PEACH! (and by that, I mean orange)
    Lol you reminded me ever so briefly of that 80s Cluedo Master Detective character now.

hello dears! I'm Mrs White.

accurate gif for a firefighting game....

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Hadn't realised, I can join myself too if there are slots left open.

Lol you reminded me ever so briefly of that 80s Cluedo Master Detective character now.

Yep that's me!

I'll be joining the fray myself as yellow.

Jaysus, that was more work than I had anticipated.
    The game thread is up, please familiarize yourself with the rules a bit. May seem a bit much to take in at first sight, but it will be okay. I want to start monday-ish, but people can still sign up and join. We can start the preparation phase right away, any firemen joining late will have to adjust to our tactics .
    http://www.unforumzed.com/showthread...Session-thread
    I'll help you through it, the rules are actually quite easy once you get the hang of it.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'll play! I'll be red if no one else wants it. It matches my identity in another game where I'm getting my ass kicked.