Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stranger Things

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Need to bitch about one thing

Preeeeeach. I am so with you. I adored her the minute I saw her on screen and felt like she would be my fav character.

Loving this show so far, but...

Loving this show!

OMG! This is perfection!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Alamo; 07-22-2016 at 06:22 PM.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    The only way to describe the show is perfection.
    When I first heard about it I thought it was this super scary, horror series. It's not that at all. You could watch this with your family, with preteen children.

Like you all have said before it seems to take the best elements of almost any great '80s movie/show/B-movie/music video and combined them to make something that wasn't just well-acted, those kids gave superb performances, they literally took you back to the 80s. It felt like the best parts of ET, Alien, IT, Gremlins, The Blob...

You invest in every character and if any critic wrote a bad review of this show they need their credentials taken away from them immediately.

I heard they've renewed it for two more seasons on facebook. But that might just be people hearing it is getting a 2nd season and inverting the information. I don't think it will be a one and done show. I think they'll sequel on to it instead of it being like the AHS model of new seasons.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Just chiming in to join the love fest. "Perfection" really is the operative word for this show. I've never seen a current show or film tackle the look, sound, and feel of the 80's so accurately. It almost reminds me of the recent (and excellent) horror flick It Follows, but while that film seemed to aim for a more abstract time period that felt very 80's, Stranger Things goes the full stretch. There are so many seamlessly placed points of reference, be them film (The Goonies, Stand By Me, Firestarter, Poltergeist, the list just goes on and on) or politics, it's a marvel to watch. Excellent cast, great to have Winona Ryder back in such a major way, and quite scary at times!
    My photo blog: polaroidsf

One of my favorite things about this show, in regards to the demigorgon:

Bloodsucking Illuminati Freaks! Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    One of my favorite things about this show, in regards to the demigorgon:

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post

I'm on episode 5 and DYING to read all your spoilers!

Great great show - I'm excited to see how they pull it all together and I hope they do it beautifully!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I really am so happy for Winona Ryder. The work she's done in recent years has been good but this performance and this show is going to propel her in a way she might not have felt since the middle '90s. I kind of always had a feeling she'd be relevant again. I bet when she signed onto this one, however, she probably didn't know it was going to be as big as it is.

Her performance with the lights was just.. it's one of the best performances on television by any actor/actress this year.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Oh god I need to watch this. Winona Ryder is my lifelong favorite actress. She's in league of her own. Not in the sense that she's Meryl Streep, but that she doesn't really have any contemporaries to speak of. I really think that she opened up a whole new idea of female leading roles back in the late 80s/early 90s. So it's so great to see her in a substantial role and being exposed to a younger audience who might not know her from anything except maybe Black Swan (which she was terrifying in, but for all of 3 minutes...)

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    Her performance with the lights was just.. it's one of the best performances on television by any actor/actress this year.
    Yasssss! I got chills EVERY TIME! She was phenomenal.

Finished last night. So, so, SO good. I'm so glad that there is great visual storytelling is still happening in TV and streaming outlets, considering what a shitshow the American movie industry has been the last several years.

And what a breakout performance by Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven! That girl will be winning some Oscars in a few years, mark my words.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I am beyond excited for this. When I first heard of it a few days before it was put online, I ran to read a review. Somehow, the review I read wasn't very positive. I was all "noooo!". But ever since, I've only heard AMAZING things about it. The fact that all of you love it ( if you guys say something is good/great, I tend to believe you----I mean, us having things in common is sort of why we're all here) makes me even more excited. I've been trying to find the right time to start it ( since I want to binge) and it looks like I'll be able to start this evening! Can't wait to come back and join in the discussion!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post

And what a breakout performance by Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven!
    Yes!
    My photo blog: polaroidsf