Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: STFU, Parents

I only occasionally read this subforum, and I wouldn't call myself childfree (I don't want to have children, but don't have strong feelings about them either way), but was really appalled by this blog post. It's hard to believe it isn't a parody. I just can't believe how anyone can be so self-centered and lacking in basic human decency, how anyone can think it's acceptable to give dictator-like orders to her friends... Most of all, I can't believe all those commenters congratulating her for writing that list and saying they are going to print it out and give it to all their friends. I kind of want to believe all thethese positive comments were written by the blog author herself.
    Black Diamond finally confessed

these days just seem to crush me
    Quote Originally Posted by May H View Post
    I only occasionally read this subforum, and I wouldn't call myself childfree (I don't want to have children, but don't have strong feelings about them either way), but was really appalled by this blog post. It's hard to believe it isn't a parody. I just can't believe how anyone can be so self-centered and lacking in basic human decency, how anyone can think it's acceptable to give dictator-like orders to her friends... Most of all, I can't believe all those commenters congratulating her for writing that list and saying they are going to print it out and give it to all their friends. I kind of want to believe all thethese positive comments were written by the blog author herself.
    i love how the orders are basically "DO ALL THIS FOR ME, BUT DON'T TALK TO ME AND GTFO WHEN YOU'RE DONE"

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    i love how the orders are basically "DO ALL THIS FOR ME, BUT DON'T TALK TO ME AND GTFO WHEN YOU'RE DONE"

yeah, I mean, they are the ones asking for help, not employing people to do the work for them. That's what it seems like in that list, like she's rattling off orders to her staff. If she'd given me that letter, I'd laugh in her face and tear it up.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    If that is how she treats her friends and family, no wonder she is writing blogs about how she gets no help.

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar
    out of boredom and curiosity, i looked at a couple more posts by "gloria". shes the jenny mccarthy of childbirth me thinks. its really some sort of crazy. reminds me of our former mother cow poster.

spoilered for tangents

total yikes.

i know im not a mother so i dont know anything, but i do rub one out over science and medicine and i think this woman is total bananas. for fucking reals. looks like she has a shit ton of shit for sale, dvds, "midwifery education", etc......nothing like fear to fuel consumption.

Q- What is the role of modern medicine in childbirth?

A- Mostly, to get the hell out of it. In a small percentage of cases, modern medicine can make a life-saving difference. But the harm that doctors have inflicted on the women of North America for no reason is like a holocaust.
    Oh my...

Where do these people get their information from? Comparing doctors to Nazi's? Sounds like she's been hanging out in a mental ward.

When in doubt, always use the Godwin's Law card.

WTF is her problem with laundry? It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to fold one load. For three people, that's like 30 minutes A WEEK, maybe an hour if you're doing it more often.

These stay-at-home moms are unfuckingbelievable. *in deathly serious tone* "I have the Hardest Job in the World. I do LAUNDRY." dun dun dunnnnn

So, everytime she gets a new nanny/cleaning-lady she gives her that list and tells her to learn it by heart (and sign it with her blood)
    That reminds me of a conversation with a work collegue just recently who was on the phone with some young relative of hers who had just become a mother and was obviously complaining about "not having time to make casserole". You know, what my collegue said? "I don't know what she's complaining about, I had three daughters and I had to raise them on my own"

Man, I envy you childfree peoples. Apparently you guys never have to do laundry or cook for yourselves and just have all the free time in the world.
    *puts son on next available doorstep and runs out to buy hair dye*

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    If any friend of mine dared to do such a thing, I guarantee you they wouldn't be a friend of mine anymore. You're too tired to fold your fucking laundry and make yourself a goddamned salad? Maybe you should have though about that before having a kid. Not my fucking problem and it's not my job to come over and clean your house (in my work clothes!) because you have to take a nap. Boo hoo. I don't even clean my own house in my work clothes. And WTF is that, anyway? Is that you trying to demean me by saying your need to have a clean house for your precious little bundle of entitlement is more important than my career?
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

I was confused by that until I realized that she probably meant clothes that you do household work in, rather than clothes you wear to the office.

I'm not sure. Most people I know use the phrase "work clothes" to refer to the clothes they wear to work, which for those of us who work in an office or corporate setting, means they could be expensive and not suitable for mopping floors in.

If she weren't such an obviously entitled bitch, I might be more willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. But since it is obvious she expects her friends and family to provide some sort of personal servitude, I think it's easy to conjecture that she thinks it's acceptable to expect a friend to come straight from the office to do her housework.
    Last edited by Churumbela; 03-31-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Yeah, office attire was my initial reaction because that's how I usually think of work clothes, but I've also heard the term used for the type of clothes you'd wear when you don't want to worry about getting them ruined during cleaning, painting, etc.

As crazy as she is, I'm not sure how it would benefit her to have her friends clean the house in their office attire. But like you said, with entitled as she is, maybe she would somehow get off on that.

Honestly, she sounds like just the type of person who would get some sort of sick rise out of the fact that someone was cleaning her toilets in a nice suit and shoes while she takes her repose undisturbed.