Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Rupaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2

So apparently one of the queens (EDIT: Alaska) from All Stars 2 had a 'bad breakup', but they told their ex all about All Stars 2, and then the ex blabbed about what was going to happen, top 3, etc?

EDIT: Oh this is old news from 9 months ago? ok.

EDIT: here are the spoilers (from reddit, but looks legit) for those who want to know (beware, final 3 and some twists and turns revealed!!!)

Last edited by dollsbitches; 08-12-2016 at 09:12 AM.

I didn't see this myself but apparantly Michelle Visage said this during a drag race marathon on logo. The top 2 lip synch for the right to send someone from the bottom 3 home so it's not like they can pick whoever they want. The top 4 elimination should be really interesting!

Update: The winner of each lip synch wins $10,000. That's more than a little inspiration!
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 08-24-2016 at 05:51 PM.

Oh my god how exciting was that first episode? I thought it rocked:
    - How great that they didn't do duos like last time!
    - The difference with a regular season of Drag Race is that you already know all the participants so you're immediately invested, you have your favorites, etc, which makes it really interesting from the start
    - Adore looked very bloated and unhealthy in general? It's not just that she put on a few pounds, that's her prerogative, but in her talking head segments she actually looked like she had eaten some bad seafood or something
    - It must be hard for Michelle to critique these girls, most of whom she has traveled with extensively on the BOTS tour, and I'm sure she's close to some of them by now
    - It's smart how they integrated Untucked into the regular episode, the 'untucked' bits never got the chance to get boring and the shots of the judges drinking cocktails was so funny
    - Always curious about what Todrick Hall's claim to fame is, exactly, but oh well
    - I guess it's safe to assume those spoilers that leaked earlier are 100% correct

I just love this show and I think it's great that they managed to stay with the regular setup but still do some tweaks that made it a bit fresh.

FANTASTIC first episode. This season is going to be lit.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Yea, because these queens are so seasoned. They kill it weekly as they go across America performing to clubs full of people expecting the best. I love that this is all directed towards their legacy than their need to improve as queens. The Talent Show couldn't have been a better opener. And I wasn't surprised who won the challenge. And I wasn't surprised who won the lip sync. That queen, although maybe not the most loved, is fierce and only getting fiercer. I was surprised by the other queen in the top 2, tho, and pleasantly so.

Michelle digging into Adore for the garment... I'm not going to enjoy that. Adore is Adore and that's why she is so beloved and I don't care if she is "frocked for the Gods" or wearing a table cloth.
    If this is going to be "that" kind of competition as far as Michelle is concerned... ick.
    Last edited by Volta; 08-27-2016 at 12:49 AM.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

I still can't believe that Coco came back. And what was the bit at the very end about her returning? I'm so sick of those twists. She's had two chances. That was enough.

Loved it!

I did see two minor flaws in the new system though:

1) The winner of the challenge won't necessarily be the best. Cause you can be second best and still lip sync to a win. So even if one person slays the challenge, and everyone else does horrible, one of the horrible ones can still win.

2) If someone doesn't want to vote anyone off, they may just sabotage the lip sync. I understand it will cost them a win, but it could influence how hard they fight.

Other thoughts...

- How stupid was it for Roxy to kick off Coco?! Adore and Phi Phi are HUGE threats. Coco was bound to go sooner or later. I mean, does Roxy want to win? Loved her burlesque show though.

-I can see alliances forming very soon ("if I keep you on, will you keep me on when you lip sync?!?!")

-I have a feeling Coco is being ushered off to a "Last Chance Kitchen"-style game (a la "Top Chef"), where all eliminated queens compete for a spot in the top.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Since we're not using spoilers, anymore.
    I thought a bit about those flaws before you mentioned them. Like when it comes down to the final four does the winner of that challenge send the fourth queen packing therefor deciding who gets to compete for the title? I don't think this twist will last that long. Ru will eventually, I think, have to take that back over at some point.
    The revenge twist will put someone or maybe more than just one back into the game.. which adds a week or so to the show. You don't win the money before the lip sync, tho. So throwing it would be throwing away 10,000 bucks.
    Roxy and Tatiana were the best two without any doubt. Kudos to Tatiana.. that was shocking to see how great her drag has become.

I think Roxy was bum rushed by the other's opinions to be fair and to do what they as a collective wanted and Roxy surely wanted to get as little blood on her hands episode 1. It's too early for all that. Also Roxy and Phi Phi seem really sincere about being seen as nice this go around.

Tatiana would never have sent Coco home. She'd have sent the bigger threat which wasn't Adore.. Adore was almost asking to get the axe.

Adore out of drag has always looked a little thicker than Adore in drag, imo. But that's Drag.. an illusion. It works both ways.. Katya looks painfully thin to me out of drag and extremely strong and robust in drag. So. I dunno.

My favorite line came via Ms. Ginger Minj : Didn't it go something like "I lost on my season to a corset." hehehehe

I hope All Stars gets decided like the regular seasons with a reunion show.
    Last edited by Volta; 08-27-2016 at 05:34 AM.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

Tatianna redeemed everything bad I ever thought about her with her talent show. She should've won the lip sync too.

I swear the only reason Roxxy gets promoted is because she has thick thighs and twerks. Yawn. They go after Adore, who is looking way more glam than she did on her season, but nary a word about Roxxy and her same old slutty raccoon makeup. She is #1 on my hate hitlist this season for sure. What's up with her pulling the bottom 3 to the side for a counseling session? That was so annoying. And then she eliminates her friend. What a dumbass.

I thought Coco was the least impressive of the bunch going in but I now I wanna see her come back and throw that bitch under the bus... Or rather, THE BUS STOP.

Looks like Adore is getting the underdog edit... Michelle Visage is getting slaughtered on social media too over her comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    . What's up with her pulling the bottom 3 to the side for a counseling session? That was so annoying. And then she eliminates her friend. What a dumbass.
    DRAMAZ-- yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I guess since she won't play the villain, she now wants to be the Concern Troll. This is a really strong season, Ru really picked the cream of the crop: Adore, Detox, Katya, Alaska... even Ginger surprised me. I'm here for it!!

Yeah I am really impressed, and I wasn't expecting much. Like, "I've seen them all before", but they're even better the second time around. I missed Detox and her snarky confessionals, Alaska & Katya who are pretty much everything I love about drag, and Alyssa who is just OTT as fuck... her talent show?

I'm rooting for Adore too. I love any left-field type drag, and her mermaid-punk pastel/grunge thing is MY SHIT.

Roxxy though. With the fake tears again. Bitch we know it's an act.

I would have put Alyssa in the top 2, easily. That was PURE Alyssa, and so OTT! But, the right queen went home. (Or did she? UGH, I am not happy with that twist.) Coco's "reading" was remedial, and her talent portion was... well. I'm not even sure what was going through her head there!

my faves are Alaska, Alyssa, and Katya. i am glad they sent CoCo home. she is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    I would have put Alyssa in the top 2, easily. That was PURE Alyssa, and so OTT! But, the right queen went home. (Or did she? UGH, I am not happy with that twist.) Coco's "reading" was remedial, and her talent portion was... well. I'm not even sure what was going through her head there!
    I never thought Tatianna was particularly funny but her "choices" read on coco was spot on. I belly laughed!