Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tour 20-Song Wish Lists

I really have two wishes: solo Pro Widow and piano-only Muhammad My Friend. The rest is gravy!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I really have two wishes: solo Pro Widow and piano-only Muhammad My Friend. The rest is gravy!
    Those are good wishes! I would be so happy if we got those in ny

Fewer WTF sets and more cohesion. Less early NA 2014 leg type fair. The actual songs I don't really care one way or the other about as long as they're performed well.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I'm just hoping for less medley/mashups (except maybe God/Running Up That Hill) and no cheesy keyboard / backing effects. (but sadly I think if she is playing solo they are here to stay)

I think the keyboards and loops are here to stay. The only way I can really reconcile with it is that with time, one can hope that she gets a better idea of what works and what doesn't. Experimentation is good. That Cruel thing last year was something different, even if it wasn't capital G good. I'm okay with stuff like that if it pushes her towards something new and interesting.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I don't really see Tori using the loops so much/as much - if she brings back the band.

I think that cruel/sangria/geraldines thing is among her worst moments ever. Really ugly. I hope nothing like that happens again. If she wants to use loops, it's fine by me, as long as she learns how to use them. She should buy a real drum machine, for starters.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

i need size ten thousand for my ass snowgayngel's Avatar
    I just want to hear 500 Miles on a loop for two hours. Tori doesn't even have to be there. They could just throw a ratty, red Shake-N-Go wig on top of a cheap keyboard and play the song out of a boombox and I would be captivated
    "i think lady gaga is immensely entertaining"

i'd like her to just burn the keyboard on stage, never have to endure those loops again
    -time moves both ways-

Butterfly
    Horses*
    Here. In My Head
    iieee*
    Mountain*
    Blood Roses*
    I Can't See New York
    1,000 Oceans
    Carry
    Seaside
    Cooling*
    Fire On The Side
    Riot Poof
    Alamo
    Space Dog*
    Doughnut Song
    Cruel*
    Beulah Land
    Angels
    Tombigbee

AATS (a normal proper version, not that weird mashup with UG)
    500 Miles (piano only!!!)
    Welcome to England (piano only!!!)
    Martha's Foolish Ginger
    Goodbye Pisces
    Dolphin Song
    Angels
    Miracle
    Secret Spell (faster and more energetic, piano only, not the drawn out bleh version she does nowadays)

these are the ones I'd really love to hear at least once

oh and covers hmm don't really know now. Joni's Magdalene Laundries would be cool at least bc Magdalene is in it plus it's a great song and would sound beautiful on piano
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    No. Backing. Tracks.

Cruel Unrepentant Sangria was horrible. Talula and RaspSwirl sounded like she was trolling the audience. No karaoke tracks either (CFG, Wedding Day, 16 shades,etc) - I have always hated that on past tours as well.

Surely she must feel how the songs always take off the moment she switches from keyb to piano?? Like hopping from a dinky princess bicycle to a F1 racing car. I think she's still concerned with being perceived as just that "girl+piano" and maybe even more still smitten with the whole 'look at my genius playing two at once' thing.

Utterly baffling is the use of 'piano' setting on the keyb... um, just swivel round love. Maybe her lyric sheet was on that side? Or perhaps she's addicted to that *keyb mic held note -no mic awkward silence - piano mic held note* moment.

I wonder if she ever listens back to her own shows?

She's definitely developed a pacing with her solo performances, and sure, there's definitely a huge shift in dynamic when she starts on a keyboard and switches to the piano at a key moment in the songs. If you've listened to performances where she's tried the opposite, you'll notice it doesn't really work out. I think that's largely because the piano is such a percussive, powerful instrument and a synthesizer generally can't command that kind of physical oomph, if you get what I mean. In the past tour or two, she's veered away from shifting from piano to synth to raise tension though. I think she knows very well what she's doing and it's probably obvious to long time listeners so it feels less interesting to us.

As for your other points, it all seems a bit cynical, which I know is rich coming from me. I'm pretty certain the piano setting on her keyboard is for different acoustics or simulated Leslie cabinet effects, etc. I don't think it has anything to do with any of her general performance habits. She's not clueless, is all and I don't buy it that she doesn't have self-awareness at this point in her live career.

Actually, the last sentence wasn't really supposed to be related to what I wrote before, more of a general wondering - but I can see how it looks like I'm being a critical cow And as for the other points - take 'em with a pinch of salt. Of course, I will be personally giving Tori my Performance Assessment Review at the next meet&greet

I LOVE her Extreme Ways cover, and just wish she'd let the piano do all the special effects - far more engaging to me. And Mac can take all his loops and put them up his bum.

BTW thanks so much for your UG Tour downloads - absolutely awesome job.
    Last edited by lucille; 09-02-2016 at 11:18 PM.