Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Tour 20-Song Wish Lists

LOL - absolutely on all fronts. Does a good review come down to whether or not she offers to play you The Pool once you've worn a swimsuit complete with snorkel and pool noodle with all your closest net friends? Asking for a friend.

Of course, I'm actually pre anti-loop for my personal tastes. If it broadens her creativity or something though, I suppose by all means. I just hope it doesn't become a Thing.

& you're very, very welcome. It was a blast to do even if I naturally got really burnt out on Tori as a result of it. I did do something similar for 2015 but haven't posted or shared it yet.
    Unworthy is the ruler whose subjects seek the solace of false gods.

Dude, I've got no idea WTF you're on about.

But I would like to hear that 2015 selection

Quote Originally Posted by RG View Post
    LOL - absolutely on all fronts. Does a good review come down to whether or not she offers to play you The Pool once you've worn a swimsuit complete with snorkel and pool noodle with all your closest net friends? Asking for a friend.

Of course, I'm actually pre anti-loop for my personal tastes. If it broadens her creativity or something though, I suppose by all means. I just hope it doesn't become a Thing.

& you're very, very welcome. It was a blast to do even if I naturally got really burnt out on Tori as a result of it. I did do something similar for 2015 but haven't posted or shared it yet.

What language? No, dutch!
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    If she ever tours with a band again, I think they should come up with a killer arrangement of Datura: full length, full sass "Get out of my garden!", incredibly dynamic changes (flowers -> room in my heart -> dividing Canan, etc), and really go big with it as a staple to close out the first set every night before she goes into her solo selection.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    If she ever tours with a band again, I think they should come up with a killer arrangement of Datura: full length, full sass "Get out of my garden!", incredibly dynamic changes (flowers -> room in my heart -> dividing Canan, etc), and really go big with it as a staple to close out the first set every night before she goes into her solo selection.
    It sounds amazing on paper, but I'm pretty sure it would end up something awful, with her squawky voice struggling to stay afloat in the band's volume, something like: "heeeee-heeee geet out uh ma' gooh-deen, heeeeeeeeee! gooh gooh gooh deeeeeen". She would probably use a backing track with all the flowers name.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

The flowers would probably have to be a backing track, that's one appropriate use for them which could work in my opinion. Did you see Shattering Sea performed lived on the NoH tour? It was long, incredibly dynamic, has several minutes' worth of instruments jamming, and it was powerful every time. Really powerful. She cpuld do it with Datura if she felt it worth the investment. It's one song that deserves something a little more special than it's ever received (and die hard fans would FLIP!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I really have two wishes: solo Pro Widow and piano-only Muhammad My Friend. The rest is gravy!
    Yes to these 2!
    I wish she'd do a Boys for Pele anniversary concert where she performs the whole album (plus maybe a few b-sides), but I guess that's not really gonna happen

*wish list*
    Beauty Queen / Horses
    Juarez
    Not the Red Baron
    Space Dog
    Never Seen Blue
    Hey Jupiter
    Father Lucifer
    Lust
    Blood Roses
    Caught a Lite Sneeze
    Bells for Her
    Talula
    Pretty Good Year
    Cooling
    Muhammad My Friend
    Professional Widow
    Walk to Dublin
    Doughnut Song
    Frog on My Toe
    Happy Phantom

can you feel them... patteraren's Avatar
    if we get the band again this tour I would love a revival of the 1999 version of Blood Roses. I've been listening to it a lot lately from the Camden, NJ show and forgot how stellar it was.
    | 7.19.98 Chicago | 9.11.99 Chicago | 10.23.01 Chicago | 11.27.02 Chicago | 8.10.03 Chicago | 8.11.03 Chicago | 4.15.05 Chicago | 8.31.05 Chicago | 11.5.07 Chicago | 11.6.07 Chicago | 8.3.09 Chicago | 12.10.11 Chicago | 8.5.14 Chicago |

the only thing i wish for 2017 is that she sings songs suited to her current voice, and that if she sings old sings, she`s not shy to lower the key.

I'd love the following set list.... tried to use songs from every main album. These feel very relevent to me right now:

1 - Space Dog
    2 - Oysters
    3 - Parasol
    4 - Smokey Joe
    5 - Father Lucifer
    6 - Curtain Call
    7 - Doughnut Song
    8 - General Joy
    9 - Spring Haze
    ------------------
    10 - Operator (Jim Croce)
    11 - Wild World (Cat Stevens)
    ------------------
    12 - I i e e e
    13 - Carbon
    14 - Another Girl's Paradise
    15 - Starling
    16 - Little Earthquakes
    ------------------
    17 - Bliss
    18 - Gold Dust

(The covers aren't necessarily a thematic fit for me, just two songs I think she does particularly beautifully and poignantly.)

I really hope this cover thing is finally over. I like some cover now and then, as she did in 2011, but 2 different covers each night is a bit too much for me.

I can take covers all day, but only songs that are worth being covered in whole, and covers that she does very, very well. No more mashups for me.

Please dear lord ditch the drum loops!!!!!
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    I can take covers all day, but only songs that are worth being covered in whole, and covers that she does very, very well. No more mashups for me.
    This. I prefer a half-baked cover than a mashup that makes no sense at all (like the one she made with Michael Jackson and Natalie Imbruglia. I have absolutely no clue what was the reason to make a mashup of those two songs).
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

I would die if she played the following:

1 - America
    2 - Hotel
    3 - Crazy
    4 - Liquid Diamonds
    5 - Daisy Dead Petals
    6 - Cooling
    7 - Siren
    8 - Professional Widow (on Harpsichord)
    9 - 1000 Oceans
    ------------------
    10 - Northern Lad