Thread: Finding Prince Charming

Finding Prince Charming

Anyone watch? Thoughts?
    Last edited by toriMODE; 09-12-2016 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Because

I want to see it so badly, but now that kickass.to doesn't exist anymore, I literally wouldn't have a clue where to download it. It's not 'mainstream' enough to be on any of the other torrent sites I frequent.

I've read some articles about it, and without having seen the show I have to say, I'm really over the type of gays who see something gay on TV and then complain it doesn't 'represent them'. It happened to Looking, it seems to be happening with this show as well.

There isn't one type of gay person. We're not all gym bunnies who go on Grindr and listen to Madonna/Kylie/Gaga, showtunes, have some type of creative job and give shopping advice to our best girl friend. There's such an incredibly broad spectrum of what LGB people can be, really the only thing we all have in common is that we're attracted to people of the same sex. And even with that, there are so many degrees. So the chance that you'll see something gay on TV that you will feel 100% represents YOU is slim to none. Stop complaining about it.

I found it on extratorrent.

I've read that a lot of gays found it to be offensive. I watched it and didn't find it so.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    I didn't find it offensive, just toxic and gross in the same way The Bachelor is.

I have so many problems with this show. I don't know where to begin. The "Prince Charming" was a rent boy as recently as June, which in itself I don't have an issue with but it doesn't jive with the bogus premise of the show that he's looking for true love. He's looking for attention, as are all the contestants. It's why pretty people go on dating reality shows. None of them obviously have an issue with finding dates in real life.

But the most glaring issue is that, as a rent boy, he was apparently pretty racist, and I'd really love it if Logo didn't glorify the "no fats, no fems, no blacks" type of gay.

He's racist? He's Puerto Rican and he was really interested in one of the African American men.

Being Puerto Rican doesn't mean you can't be racist. Several of his rent boy reviews mentioned he didn't date POC. That was ten years ago, so maybe he's been enlightened. Still, I wouldn't believe something to be true just because I saw it on a reality show.

It sounds like you've really done your research on his past. I'm impressed.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^The shade of those sentences. lol

I watched a show like this before where all the guys competed for a "prince charming" fellow. But half of the guys weren't gay, etc. He had his best friend who kept an eye on the guys.. and when he found out about the twist he got really upset.. but he still found the love of his life.. Anyone remember what that show was called? It won an award at GLAAD.

Anyhow, this show comes on right after DragRace which is why I watch it. Only one episode, tho. So we'll see a few more episodes in what happens. But it does seem to have a broader group of men. There are some guys without six packs and poc and fems. Well, one really outrageous guy, at least. Looks like a fun enough show.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

I just think things like this are too toxic and disingenuous to be entertaining. Reality dating shows and all their ilk perpetuate ideas about dating, relationships, and love that are not only faulty, but harmful.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

All your comments just make me want to see the show more

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    This show really kind of reminds me of Bad Girls Club.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush