Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alt-Right Thread

It's not been a good day. There's all sorts of things that one can do. Please watch Daryle Lamont Jenkins on MSNBC tonight at 7:00.

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny hats View Post
    Anyone want to take bets on what Trump's response to this will be?
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    This image is something else.

ETA: I'm reading this was not today. JFC, isn't it disgusting in 2017 we can get confused as to when this shit happens because it happens multiple times?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Hopefully this will cause him to tamper his rhetoric. They've all said they feel empowered by him. Also, to all of you, even though some of the political arguments get heated (I'd prolly have more fun in other sub-forums), I love you, and thank you for letting me vent, sometimes in gibberish, for almost 20 years. I'm gonna go cry in the toilets now.
    Last edited by uncanny hats; 08-12-2017 at 10:54 PM.

I hope it will, uncanny...
    Trump is driven by his ego and his desire to be seen as the G.O.A.T....

Seeing fringe radical neo nazis committing acts of terror in his name will either disgust him and drive him to seek approval from others, or else he will feel encouraged by it. Anyone wanna take bets? His speech was very telling, sadly

My new hero

Extra strong roach repellant. What do you think are the odds that the old man on the right is a WW2 vet?

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    My new hero

I know, right.

Re: MSNBC: Jenkins didn't get to talk long, but on Joy Reid, he pointed out Trump needs to call out these organizations. Daily Stormer is pleased with Trump's response.

And, they have more rallies events planned. They need to know that they won't be tolerated. And it doesn't have to be fisty cuffs. Orrin Hatch came out against the Nazis and he comes from what is traditionally been seen as the most conservative state in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by fluteoftheloon View Post
    Extra strong roach repellant. What do you think are the odds that the old man on the right is a WW2 vet?
    Pretty strong! And I'm pretty sure that most those white fucks are not Vets.

NSFW language because... well, it's Michael Rapaport.

^I'm from the Virginia Beach/Newport News area. He ain't lying!

The name of the person murdered and her family has set up a gofundme here. I keep wondering what yesterday means. I know the day before I posted

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny hats View Post
    They're thinking that this is supposed to be a bellwether event.
    And was it? The fact is that we all know that white supremacists commit hate crimes all the time, and they always have and with great frequency. The only deal with yesterday is that there were a thousand of white supremacists in one place. There's an article by The Atlantic's Van Newkirk that suggests vigilance is always in order., which is fine, but by whom? Richard Spencer seems to believe that police will simply refuse to stop the nazis and just join them, which sounds delusional, and yet so many people, including the media and heads of police departments are still boggled by the police response yesterday. We've seen cases of the nazis and the police working with each other and we know they've infiltrated the police department and still the Richard Spencer's fantasy still sounds like fantasy.

What's next?

Last edited by uncanny hats; 08-13-2017 at 06:02 PM.

This tweet is kicking up a lot of dust.

I dunno. Seems within the bounds of acceptable hyperbole to me.

Here's the thing about Heather Heyer. She was a paralegal whose specialty was dealing with families facing bankruptcy. Apparently, she was very good at helping these people and giving them comfort. And, of course, she was politically active on behalf of people less fortunate than herself. In other words, she had a highly developed sense of empathy. Which, of course, is one thing the White Butthurt League entirely lacks.

Someone said that Heather Heyer died for her country. The question I have is whether or not we're worthy of her sacrifice. I guess we'll see.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I went to a low key vigil today with folks who were there yesterday, to listen, chat, and give hugs.There's was no media coverage of the vigil which was good as the activists were so drained mentally and spiritually... and the police literally gave everyone space to vent. And I want to thank you for allowing me to vent here in way that is borderline spammy. The negative is that people were hurt and someone died, but listening and talking to the people today, they weren't certain anyone cared. But they were taking a break from social media and the news. I told them that in some way it seemed almost everyone cared, except the usual suspects. I think for the far-left this has been kind of a 9/11 of sorts, and for medics who were there on the scene THAT was definely the case. The positives are that everyone knows that these fuckers mean business and more importantly the outpour of compassion for the families affected. The other negative seems to be all the nazis on social media coming out of the woodwork. Like people who didn't even know they were nazis. Friends of friends who are all like "It was about time!" And genuinely believed the fake news suggesting that antifa was actually behind the murder as a false flag. Has anyone else seen that? If you have, I'm sorry. It's been disappointing on that front.
    Last edited by uncanny hats; 08-14-2017 at 03:38 AM.