Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: The Alt-Right Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I thought this was gonna be about the new thing of believing that there’s sperm in the Obama painting.
    eeeeewwwwww!

McSweeney's has responded to NYT and their fuckery.

If you are a dipshit interested in penning thin critiques of the #MeToo movement based on supposedly intellectually rigorous standards of guilt, while also publishing drivel about how Democrats should be nicer to you on Twitter, we invite you to apply.

And no, seriously! Sperm!

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny hats View Post
    But wait, things move fast in the modern world!

On Tuesday afternoon, The New York Times announced that it had hired Quinn Norton, a journalist and an essayist known for her work at Wired magazine, as the editorial board’s lead opinion writer on technology.

On Tuesday evening, Ms. Norton said in a Twitter post that she would no longer be joining The Times.
    After a Twitter Storm, The Times and a New Hire Part Ways

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post

And no, seriously! Sperm!

Spermgate is real

Quote Originally Posted by Rum 509 View Post
    But wait, things move fast in the modern world!

After a Twitter Storm, The Times and a New Hire Part Ways
    Oh yeah! Super fast! And I want to understand this whole "variety of perspectives" take that appears to be infecting editorial boards, but stooooopp! Here's The Washington Post adding a terrible human being to their board. What the heck is going on?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Florida Public School Teacher Has A White Nationalist Podcast
    Dayanna Volitich suggests Muslims be eradicated from the earth, believes anti-Semitic conspiracy theories ... and teaches middle school social studies.

Volitich boasted about bringing her white nationalist beliefs into the classroom and hiding her ideology from administrators. She said that when parents complained to the school’s principal about how she is injecting political bias into the classroom, Volitich lied to the principal and said it was not true.

“She believed me and backed off,” she said.

Volitich also agreed with her guest’s assertion that more white supremacists need to infiltrate public schools and become teachers. “They don’t have to be vocal about their views, but get in there!” her guest said. “Be more covert and just start taking over those places.”

“Right,” Volitich said. “I’m absolutely one of them.”

^ Might be a good idea to cross post this in the "Euro if you want to - a general European news and politics thread" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    ^ Might be a good idea to cross post this in the "Euro if you want to - a general European news and politics thread" ?
    Thanks

*sad trombone*

#TinyViolin

Barack Hussein Obama

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Sounds like snowflake needs a safe space.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    That piece of burning crap. I am SO OVER bigots playing the victim card.

It's so hard to know if these types of things are real or effective fakes... Like I know there are toxic dudes but I don't know if every screen grab is from a real incel type.

Let's farm out the single mothers. Just because they had sex at least one time that means they're down to clown. Holy geez.

Richard Spencer's Website Has Been Pulled Offline By GoDaddy

Altright.com, the infamous website founded by white nationalist Richard Spencer, is no longer accessible Thursday morning after it was taken down by its host, GoDaddy.

In a statement provided to BuzzFeed News, a spokesperson for GoDaddy said that Spencer was given 48 hours to transfer the Altright.com domain to a different host before it was removed.

"In instances where a site goes beyond the mere exercise of these freedoms, however, and crosses over to promoting, encouraging, or otherwise engaging in specific acts of violence against any person, we will take action," GoDaddy's statement read. "It is our determination that altright.com crossed the line and encouraged and promoted violence in a direct and threatening manner."

Spencer told BuzzFeed News that he has not yet found a new host for the site.

"We're working on solving the problem, and solving it in a permanent way. So this might take some time," Spencer said.

The loss of Spencer's internet hosting also comes only two days after he was removed from the WePay online payment service, effectively cutting his main revenue stream. Spencer is also currently embroiled in a lawsuit following the events of the "Unite the Right" rally. Unable to find a lawyer who would defend him, Spencer is representing himself.
    The only thing I don't like is that he was allowed this space for so long. We hem and haw and talk ourselves into free speech arguments but hate speech and bullshit has gotten too much of a pass while we dither.

“Promoting, encouraging, or otherwise engaging in specific acts of violence against any person” is pretty much the legal standard for when it stops being protected speech. But if it’s a private entity, they can make it stricter. I’ve evolved on this; I used to be an ultra-hardcore free speech guy. And I still pretty much am, but there’s no reason that a prominent company like GoDaddy should have to deal with little Nazi fucks and deranged incels.

Barack Hussein Obama