Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Alt-Right Thread

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Also, he has a LOT of fucking nerve banging on about the "natural order" of things (i.e. women should be cum dumpsters and subservient to men, are miserable unless impregnated, etc.) and then beg for acceptance when talking about something that most of the civilized world finds completely untenable. A LOT OF FUCKING NERVE.

You're right, of course. 13 is too young in any legal system, under any circumstances. I tend to think it's a case of clumsily making a point rather than advocating for hebephilia, and by "sexual maturity" he means "can cum". But clearly, I'm not talking 13 year-olds and neither is Ryan.

Yeah. Honestly? If he had been like "sometimes teenage gay boys wind up with older dudes because they have nowhere else to turn", I'd have been like yeah ok. But he was talking about 13 year old boys as if they could POSSIBLY make their own sexual decisions, which is...no.

And I'm a person who thinks 16-17 is a completely reasonable age of consent, FWIW.

Anyway. Again, he danced with the devil. He decided to hitch his wagon to a group that will ALWAYS toss LGBT under a bus when they no longer serve their needs. He's said horrible shit about people for fucking years. As far as I see it, its delicious comeuppance, and it also proves once again that conservatives only give a fuck about "free speech" as long as its used to harass people they hate.

ETA: FWIW - The only sexual abuse/coercion and negative experiences I ever had were with guys my own age. I was almost raped by a boyfriend at 15, and after that, I never dated a high school boy ever again. Because fuck that shit. I think its just difficult for teenagers to anticipate long term consequences in the way that adults do, and while an experience for them may be awesome at the time, it might fuck them up later. But you know, we're all fucked up in some way.

These sorts of discussions are reminding people of Bill Maher's thoughts on people over 30 dating thirteen years olds (originally started dating when the child was 12). He thought it was okay.

The Letourneau story was one of those things where I was like "well, its inappropriate and awful but they've been together forever" and then I watched that interview with the two of them and I was like OH MY GOD GET THAT CRAZY BITCH AWAY FROM THAT KID. I came away from that feeling like this kid got so fucking trapped because she got pregnant.

The idea that men cannot be raped by women is so god damn wrong. It's SO wrong.

testosterone-laden drunken moogle Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    On what planet is a 13 year old boy "sexually mature"?
    Minor detail; there are countries where kids reach full sexual maturity at an age (13/14) way earlier than we are used to in first world cultures. This partially depends on life expectancy. This is completely irrelevant to the discussion, of course.
    Ai, Tolosa e Provensa, e la terra d’Argensa, Besièrs e Carcassei, quo vos vi e quo'us vei!‎

Oh boy.
    Other alt-right partisans pay backhanded compliments by emphasizing Austen’s singularity as a celebrated female novelist. In a post that debuted in 2012 on Alternative Right and has since been lauded as an alt-right "classic," the "manosphere" blogger Matt Forney mentioned Austen as an outlier from the norm of female mediocrity: "Virtually all great leaders, thinkers and artists were men. Aristotle, Galileo, Michaelangelo [sic], Napoleon: all men. Not to say that all women are incapable of artistic, scientific or military talent; every so often, we get a Marie Curie, a Jane Austen or a Joan of Arc." Here the alt-right finds common ground with the literary gatekeeper Harold Bloom; in his best seller The Western Canon (1994), Austen is one of four women on a list of 26 most influential authors. According to this formulation, Austen is not a trailblazer for the female authors who followed in her wake, but rather a rebuke to women who have not reached her level of achievement.

There is a reason that alt-right adherents claim Austen for themselves, and it isn’t because their Dear Leader, who has not read a book in years (according to his own biographer), is a closet Janeite. By comparing their movement not to the nightmare Germany of Hitler and Goebbels, but instead to the cozy England of Austen — a much-beloved author with a centuries-long fandom and an unebbing academic following — the alt-right normalizes itself in the eyes of ordinary people. It also subtly panders to the nostalgia of the Brexiters, with their vision of a better, bygone Britain. Such references nudge readers who happen upon alt-right sites to think that perhaps white supremacists aren’t so different from mainstream folks.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    That's probably just the only female author they can think of. They'd probably mention Joni Mitchell as the only great female musician too. They're not just assholes, but intellectually lazy as well so they put in the bare minimum of effort towards female academics, artists, etc. And any male counterparts have already been chosen for them. Fuck 'em all either way.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I love me some Austen. Read them all. Multiple times. But it doesn't exactly make them more likable because the time period of all the settings is pretty white and male-dominated. Of COURSE they're going to like the world she presents: they're on top.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    Boo. Paywall.

Damn!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Try clicking through the Rose City Antifa FB Page. It worked for me.

Also, Pepe's creator kills him off.