Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar

Westworld

Just watched the first episode on HBO. This show has a fantastic premise, and incredible look (very lush), a clever writer, a clever director. I see this show as having the potential to be GOTs big eventually. And the cast (JUST AMAZING) which is quite a shock because the opening credits don't include half the A-listers.

The show is like Ex Machina meets How the West Was Won.
    Anyone else like it?

Last edited by Volta; 10-03-2016 at 03:07 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I don't have the HBO, but I loved/was terrified by the movie as a kid. I am curious to see how it relates/compares.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Re: your spoiler

I really enjoyed it. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathan View Post
    I don't have the HBO, but I loved/was terrified by the movie as a kid. I am curious to see how it relates/compares.
    Didn't know there was a movie. Damn. Wish it was completely original. oh well.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Re: your spoiler

I really enjoyed it. I'm excited to see where it goes.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I wasn't sure about this based on the previews but I enjoyed the first episode.

Please continue to be good.

Love the Intro / Opening Credits

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It wasn't the best pilot I've ever seen, but it sucked me in enough to try another episode. I'm intrigued and I usually like Crichton's vision. Marsden is always a bonus. I too was super impressed by the credits. Haven't seen any that intriguing since Dexter.

Oh man, I thought this was great. So much potential. Here's hoping they capitalize on it rather than squandering it.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I enjoyed the pilot, and think there's plenty of potential there. It looked amazing. Our HBO streaming service is previewing the second episode so I'm probably gonna watch it tonight.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Anyone still watching? I'm in love with it. It's so layered...artificial intelligence, misogyny, corporate culture, American fundamentalism, MMORPG culture, the nature of dreams, the nature of time. And there's some great performances from Thandie Newton (where has she been?), Evan Rachael Wood, Sidse Babett Knudsen, and Shannon Woodward.

Also, it's a huge tribute to Michael Crichton's storytelling style. It pains me that he became an uber-neocon climate change denier in the last years of his life, but the bulk of his fiction is comprised of a) a dedication to scientific verisimilitude and b) a devotion to addictive plot structure. Stephen King is one of his only true rivals in the "page turner" category. It has made me happy to see that the Westworld show has picked up on that part of his legacy, especially considering it was his story to begin with.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I'm in love with this show. It's like, Game of Thrones-level anticipation for me each week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Anyone still watching?
    I dropped it. The episodes were just too long for me, and I had problem caring about an ensemble cast that is essentially 75% robots.
    I also don't like the wild west premise.
    Last edited by dollsbitches; 11-25-2016 at 09:21 AM.

I'm loving the show, it's my most anticipated show each week right now. Thandie Newton and Evan Rachel Wood are doing fantastic work, and the story moves along at a satisfying clip.