Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Westworld

I really love the show - and I am so so curious to find out who manipulates those robots and how...I love these little pieces of information that are revealed each episode and Thandy Newton is adorable to watch.
    The opening sequence gives me shivers everytime.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Watching the latest episode.. WOW. Thandie Newton didn't come to play around on this show. Thandie Newton realness.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Fuck. I knew it! This whole show is going to be a giant mindfuck by the end.

So, this show kicks ass! Thandie Newton, Evan Rachel Wood, Hopkins, Jeffrey Wright...wow! Amazing acting.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    I absolutely love the show, but hoping someone can help me out on an issue I'm having RE: the last episode's big reveal.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^
    Last edited by Volta; 11-22-2016 at 07:51 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't know what the fuck is going on. I'm so confused, but I still like it.

Well alrighty then!

So I called Bernard being a host, but did *not* see it coming that Bernard = Arnold. I'm still a little confused about timelines, but I think I get it:
    --Logan and William = past.
    --Dolores realizing she killed Arnold = present.
    --Man In Black finding Dolores in the church (maze?) = present.

The plot hole I see is how the hell the two engineers are able to make these dramatic changes to Maeve without *somebody* being tipped off? If this is company and software is so secure that physical devices have to be surgically implanted for data transfer, how is there no monitoring or automated alerts on these types of changes?

I'm starting to suspect that maybe

I also wonder if all those conversations between Bernard and Delores from the first few episodes were actually flashbacks to conversations between Arnold and Dolores. I need to re-watch it when the season ends, but I'm suspecting those were happening on the past too.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post

So I called Bernard being a host, but did *not* see it coming that Bernard = Arnold.

I did see that theory going around because Bernard and his last name anagrams to Arnold and his last name.

I still don't know if I know what the hell is going on. I need like the Idiot's Guide to Premium TV That Doesn't Come From a Book.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm starting to suspect that maybe

I also wonder if all those conversations between Bernard and Delores from the first few episodes were actually flashbacks to conversations between Arnold and Dolores. I need to re-watch it when the season ends, but I'm suspecting those were happening on the past too.

My reading was that the conversations between Dolores and Bernard was actually between Dolores and Arnold far in the past. The strongest evidence for that is, I think, how her clothes in the memory of her conversation with Arnold was the blue dress, which is what she was wearing in those conversations with Bernard. It's pretty flimsy as evidence though.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I do think that the MIB is

As for the conversations, I think it's a bit of both. If you notice, when Dolores goes to find Arnold last night, she goes into that weird basement room. This is where they used to do a lot of their work, an area that seems abandoned in the present. In some of the conversations, we see "Bernard" talking to Dolores in this same room, not upstairs. When that happens, it's Arnold. However, I am pretty sure we saw some scenes where they were talking upstairs, and I believe that's when it was Bernard.

Was the picture that Logan held up of his sister the same one that was found by Dolores' "father" on the ranch in an earlier episode? If it is, I'm really confused by the timelines!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_P View Post
    Was the picture that Logan held up of his sister the same one that was found by Dolores' "father" on the ranch in an earlier episode? If it is, I'm really confused by the timelines!
    Yes. The one Logan held up was much better quality while the one found on Delores's farm was weathered and old. It's another hint that William and Logan's timeline is in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    As for the conversations, I think it's a bit of both. If you notice, when Dolores goes to find Arnold last night, she goes into that weird basement room. This is where they used to do a lot of their work, an area that seems abandoned in the present. In some of the conversations, we see "Bernard" talking to Dolores in this same room, not upstairs. When that happens, it's Arnold. However, I am pretty sure we saw some scenes where they were talking upstairs, and I believe that's when it was Bernard.
    Good point! It makes sense that some of the conversations was between Dolores and Arnold in the past, and some between Dolores and Bernard in the present. I'm thinking the one's where Dolores is naked his with Bernard? That seems to be the usual MO for the present operation when they pull in the hosts for maintenance.

The picture of Williams wife seems like further proof of the different timelines. William obviously lost it at some point at Dolores ranch, either 30 years ago when he went looking for Dolores (which he did at the end of this episode) or