Page 143 of 551 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 8252

Thread: Native Invader | Now Released

...digital ghost... SonglessRobin's Avatar
    I hadn't thought about that, but it definitely makes sense. I refuse to be put off by Native Invader until we get to hear the whole thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I still think there is a difference between conjecturing on a forum and basically dissing someone's collaborator to their face. But hey, that's just me.
    Absolutely. JPS actually seemed taken aback in his first response.

Quote Originally Posted by SonglessRobin View Post
    I hadn't thought about that, but it definitely makes sense. I refuse to be put off by Native Invader until we get to hear the whole thing!
    LOL. You know we always judge it by the artwork, fonts, first single, clits (clips), and how we feel about the previous album before hearing it!
    Robbing the muse...

...digital ghost... SonglessRobin's Avatar
    ^
    Yeah, I know the forum well (even if I normally don't post). But, what do we know about the album? A title, a release date, two promotional pictures and a small blurb about a general theme. And now, the fact that JPS is involved. That's it! (And I guess the waiting is making us go a little bit insane). The album could end up being a nice one, a terrible one, or something in between.

I feel reassured by news of the collab but not necessarily excited. We know now that on at least one song she'll have her his typical orchestrations backing her up & seeing as most of the previous work is good, there is hope for it not sucking?
    He does nice work, but it's nothing new to jump up & down about that a someone she's collaborated with throughout her career is yet again on another album. It's more expected than not.
    Still hoping for great, but not expecting anything more than few good songs and maybe some clunkers & a decent tour
    Last edited by eresos; 05-25-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post
    Her sound changed so much from BFP to FTCH. Then from TVAB to SLG. Then SLG to SW. Then AATS to NOH. I think Tori can do something great again. I was listening to Venus last night. An incredible album. I think circumstances and experiences really influence Tori. NOH and UG were far superior to the previous 3-4 albums. And Tori was no longer Fori on both the 2012 and 2014 tours. The promo pics we've seen have been promising (minus the font) and now Shenale is claiming "beauty". Let's enjoy this moment - - - at least until we hear Mark's guitar
    Yes. After LE/UDP/BFP, the fully plugged sound of FTCH and TVAB was a big departure. After the electronic era, SW and TBK was a shakeup with a more organic sound. ADP and AATS were mixed bags, but very heavily produced and a departure from SW and TBK nonetheless. After that, the NOH was something totally unique and a nice break from the noisy ADP/AATS band eras. UG was a return to more classic songwriting and an EXCELLENT tour.

If there's one thing to say, it's that every album is unique and that she's known to really shake things up. Even in the later years, it has been quite...unpredictable...for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Sorry, I think there's plenty of things that can be said here that are not appropriate to say to a friend and collaborator of Tori.

I think JPS is experienced enough to know what to expect when he posts about Tori on a social media site.

And he and Robert remain fb "friends".

Quote Originally Posted by KidCarbon View Post
    I think JPS is experienced enough to know what to expect when he posts about Tori on a social media site.

And he and Robert remain fb "friends".
    JPS must be a very tolerant man.

I'm actually shocked by his reply: "I deal with what I'm given." Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but that's definitely not the reaction of someone who loves the music's production.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

wow, thanks for posting that screenshot. Robert is as much of a douche as i remember.

I think he means " I take what I am given and create" - - - he adds what he can to the work. I guess deal sounds bad - but I think he means he understands what is given and then adds his piece. He says it is a "beauty". So who knows. Could be Yes, Anastasia or Maybe California - or better or worse than those "beauties"...

So let's be strong, you and me... the album is opening.
    Last edited by Beelust; 05-25-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyJane View Post
    I'm actually shocked by his reply: "I deal with what I'm given." Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but that's definitely not the reaction of someone who loves the music's production.
    Yeah but he makes sure to point out twice that it's beautiful so that has to be an encouraging thing right?

Is Robert even a Tori fan anymore, all he seems to do is leave harsh comments under her videos.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

He seems to be a fan to criticize her every decision.

^ and JPS' comment of "deal" could be referring to past works (e.g. AATS). It is a quick social media reply and likely means nothing.

John Philip Shenale is probably drinking martinis right now, dressed as Pip wearing rubber (his favourite doll), enjoying the next Yes, Anastasia / Cruel while we salivate at his Facebook post. LOL
    Robbing the muse...