Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334
Results 4,996 to 5,001 of 5001

Thread: "Native Invader" | Release: 8 September 2017 [July 27 Update]

After some spins, I think I'll place "Cloud Riders" at the end of my version of NI.

I don't know why but it seems like the song's trying to comfort me after a horrible nightmare - Much like a mother's lullaby? A lullaby of Mother Nature to humanity?

Last edited by neptunerune; Today at 10:22 AM.
    Past a shooting star

I really like it. It's a step in the right direction production wise. Where can I hear the high quality stream? Love the organ. Yummy.

Got the shock of my life! silver's Avatar
    So a video is coming?

After listening a few times more this morning it's really growing on me. The production is wonderful, the verses are beautiful and quite sad and I like the vocals (though I never had a problem with "scratchier" vocals). I'm still iffy on the transition between the verses and chorus, but apart from that I really like it.

It's funny though, I decided to go back to Flicker (which I haven't listened to for a loooong time) and man, I quite like it. It gets such a bad rep around here but I think it's quite lovely with lots of nice little flourishes in the production.

A Sorta Fairytale happened to come on after Cloud Riders though, and man what a perfectly constructed pop song. She really hasn't written anything like since. It's hard to believe it was sooo divisive among fans when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Ok. Those songs sound nothing alike so how do they sound like CR? I'm not arguing or being bitchy, it just goes to show that what we hear is totally subjective when it comes to music ( save for concrete things like instruments).

I honestly think that if you're not a fan of 60's/70's Americana, you're not going to be a fan of this. But there's no way that 12 other songs can sound just like it, so don't get so down if you don't like it. I mean, even universally loved songs ( i.e. Waitress, CALS) don't sound like anything else on their respective albums.
    Like how Professional Widow and Strong Black Vine have that Zeppelin Flavor to them though they sound nothing alike. I meant to put Rose Dover instead of GRP. But, you can tell she had been listening to Sgt. Peppers when she wrote Starling, RD, America, MBM, and CR. It's in the bridge in some of them. The chorus in some. All of MBM has a Beatles vibe to it. And the Secret Spell I guess is how the music is arranged maybe. Like it's not a rock out song. A more feel good breezy pop song???? If that makes more sense. It does in my head.

The description of the album in the e-mail is really exciting to me. Maybe too exciting... The slight Americana feel makes sense if a road trip through the Smokey Mountains was part of the inspiration for the album. I don't really hear the Beatles, but then I'm not that familiar with their discography outside the songs everyone knows.