Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Wouldn't have guessed you wouldn't like turn-based btw, considering how much you liked Mario/Rabbits; is that perhaps because it is grid-map based?
    Ha, yes, I think that's the biggest part of it... Mario/Rabbids is turnbased but more about managing the field and finding/exploiting weak spots with the right characters than building up ultra-summonings or a zillion random encounters where all you do is select an action from a row of options. Grosly simplified of course
    I also loved the old star wars KOTOR games, and Mass Effect, so that kind of turn based I'm A-okay with!
    (oh, and Vagrant Story, anybody remember that one? Holy crap that was good)
    post28!

So happy BOTW wins Game of the Year!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/7/16...-game-tga-2017

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^That's awesome news and extremely well deserved. I am soooo excited about getting the new DLC tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^That's awesome news and extremely well deserved. I am soooo excited about getting the new DLC tonight!
    Same! I’ve got it downloaded so hopefully I will start this weekend. from the trailer it seems like it’ll be quite sizable. I’m curious how long it’ll play.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cl.../1100-6455504/

File this one under holy shit: Romancing SaGa 2 is finally getting a western localization for a console, and coming to the Switch next Friday, Dec 15!

I'm -gagging- this is incredible news!
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 12-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.

RS2 is the best SFC-era RPG there is. Seriously. This is the best news of 2017 IMO.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Ha, yes, I think that's the biggest part of it... Mario/Rabbids is turnbased but more about managing the field and finding/exploiting weak spots with the right characters than building up ultra-summonings or a zillion random encounters where all you do is select an action from a row of options. Grosly simplified of course
    I also loved the old star wars KOTOR games, and Mass Effect, so that kind of turn based I'm A-okay with!
    (oh, and Vagrant Story, anybody remember that one? Holy crap that was good)
    If you like simpicity and grid-map-based, look out for the new Fire Emblem that supposedly comes to Switch next year.

Xenoblade I only bought because it is by Nintendo itself; I think the mechanics are overly complitacted early on in the game.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I finally beat The Darker Side of the Moon last night after probably 50 tries. I immediately went back to see if I could do it again and well, practice makes perfect. It was SO hard at the start, though. I felt like throwing my controller quite a few times.

The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-powers-f...ath-1821501678

Anyone miss Nintendo Power? It's back after 5 years, now as a podcast haha. Yassss!

Just finished the DLC, Champion’s Ballad....

Has anyone else finished the DLC yet?

^Yassss.

I really have to give BotW a ton of credit for single-handedly renewing my interest in gaming. Taking the ~160+ hours invested into that game into consideration, I've likely gamed more this year than the last 5 combined. So while it's sad to see that story coming to a definitive conclusion, I'm extremely satisfied with the game as a whole. I'm not sure if I want to try out Master Mode - I mean I still haven't even been able to get good enough to finish the Master Sword trials!

I got a shit ton of e-shop gift cards for Xmas, so I'm looking at what to get (probably FINALLY Sonic Mania) - there's many games on sale right now so I suggest checking that out. Oxenfree is only $4.99, so I jumped at that.

VS. Super Mario Bros. is out and will completely change how you feel about that game if you've never played the arcade version. Power-ups and enemies have been shifted around compared to the NES game, and several levels are changed around as well to make it much more difficult. They even subbed in a few "Lost Levels" from the then-new SMB2 in Japan just to be assholes. Good luck.

https://www.mariowiki.com/VS._Super_...el_differences

Hey all! I just got a Switch over the holiday (And Breath of the Wild and Odyssey) and I want to add anyone and everyone who will be my friend! My code is 7925 3274 1993!

Footage I recorded of myself in a Splatoon 2 - League battle with the three best players I'm acquainted with! =D.

O M G how clever!!!
    post28!

Looks kinda ridic to me actually. Maybe the first Switch mistake. Either this is genius OR we'll be making fun of Ninty for decades.

Switch had mostly successes so far. The only thing I don't think was that succesful was 1 2 Switch; I don't actually know anyone who got that game. It seemed like a pathetic attempt at replicating the Wii Sports experience. They should have slapped a Nintendoland or Mario Party theme on that one.
    Oh and from a branding perspective I really think Fire Emblem Warriors was a mistake.