Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I see some pretty endless potential here. I'm pretty sure I'll place a pre-order as soon as is possible haha.

But I have to wonder what this will mean for the 3DS.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 10-20-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    ^ It means they'll pretend for a while they can co-exist, after which it will be quietly discontinued.

Anyways....

Me buy!
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    That console ist not for me, I am just not a handheld gamer. I might buy the console though, if the price is right and if there are some killer games ready for the launch window.

Curious about the specs, though. They cannot really afford to have graphics of an Wii U level.

Don't know. Wii U has really suffered in that it is a true gaming console instead of a PC with DualShock controllers on the one hand, and on the other that Nintendo was basically developing a tablet alongside Apple. The efficient - but alien - make up of hardware and dev kit combination can make the thing do stuff way beyond what you would expect; like Bayonetta II, Xenoblade Chronicles X or probably the new Zelda. If they can realise that kind of stuff as portable, i'm probably already satisfied. I do expect the Switch to have more raw power, to make it easier to develop games for.

Oh and Nintendo; there better be;

- Super Mario 3D world/land follow up
    - Zelda
    - Mario Kart
    - Splatoon
    - Metroid
    - F-zero
    - Star Fox

on launch. Regards, the world.

I'm a Nintendo guy. Can't wait!

Breath of the Wild, just from the blurry video in the Switch reveal video, looks so much better visually. Instant pre-order

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 - Live from Tokyo
    Jan 12th 8pm PT/11pm ET

Treehouse Live with Nintendo Switch
    Jan 13th 6:30am PT/9:30am ET

Nintendo Switch and Play Events - Preview Tour
    NYC - Jan 15
    Toronto - Jan 29
    Washington, DC - Feb 12
    Chicago - Feb 19
    San Francisco - Feb 26
    Los Angeles - Mar 5

Supposedly pre-sales will start in person at the Nintendo NY store 9am tomorrow morning. I'd keep a close eye on other retailers as well.

I'm excited, I feel like I'm 8 again waiting for Christmas Day when I knew I was getting a Nintendo

Preorders seem to be readily available at both Walmart and Best Buy.. $299.99, system releases March 3rd worldwide (mostly).
    2 color schemes for the included joy-cons, standard grey and neon blue/red (available separately for $80). Pro controller also available separately, $70.

Games
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a launch title, I believe a first in Nintendo history.
    Xenoblade 2
    Skyrim
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in April
    Splatoon 2 coming later
    Super Mario Odyssey coming even later ()
    Skyrim
    New Square-Enix RPG, Project Octopath Traveler
    80 games in development

Nintendo Online paid service, includes free virtual console game every month

SO. GEEKED.
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 01-13-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Games
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a launch title, I believe a first in Nintendo history.
    Nope, the Twilight Princess: Wii version was a launch title for the Wii.
    Which means they did it again, delay a Zelda game so far in time it spanned a generation of consoles. =/.

What Nintendo IP promises for the first year;
    Zelda Breath of the Wild on launch
    1,2 Switch - March 2017
    Mario Kart 8 - some upgraded thing - April 2017
    Splatoon 2 - Q2 or Q3 2017
    Fire Emblem Warriors - Q4
    Super Mario Odyssee - Q4

No Kirby, no Pikmin, no Metroid, no F-Zero, no (new) Mario Kart just yet. Xenoblade likely only for Japan this year. Aside from Smash Bros Melee being playable via Gamecube virtual console, rumors are strong that Smash Bros WiiU/3DS is also going to get a port, with 2 new characters added to the roster.

The Zelda game is sure to make the launch at least a minor success, I hope it won't anger the fanbase too much.
    Otherwise, it is clear they observed the minor financial successes of the Wii U & 3DS, and expanded upon it as cheap as possible;
    - Mario Kart 8 re-release
    - Splatoon gets an entirely new installment, which makes me very, very, very happy! Hopefully local multiplayer will be added.
    - Fire Emblem Warriors I assume to be a combination of Dynasty Warriors and Fire Emblem; obviously a cheap cash-in they are trying to achieve, like they did with Hyrule Warriors. It was effective then, but since Fire Emblem isn't even action-adventure to begin with (100% turn-based strategy), I doubt if it will work as good. Of course, Fire Emblem has a HUGE 3DS fanbase, but I'd rather have seen a proper console Fire Emblem release, we haven't had one since the GameCube.

Other stuff seemingly coming to the Switch in 2017;
    Ultimate Street Fighter II: the Final Challengers
    Super Bomberman R (perhaps even on launch)
    Sonic Mania
    Some sort fo other Sonic project
    Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

D'oh, I seem to have completely blocked Twilight Princess out of my memory

I'm super excited about Dragon Quest X (finally) and XI, but I didn't even consider the possibility of those being Japan only. At least they're doing away with region locking, but that doesn't help with RPGs that are heavy on text/voice acting.

Assume though that there will still be seperate USA and EU versions of games, text heavy EU localisation takes soooooooo looooooong usually because of the multi-language thing (english, french, german, italian and spanish).

I got a pre-order in at Best Buy. Gamestop's bundles are absurd, I hate them.

Wish I could get Breath of the Wild Master Edition (that Master Sword amiibo looks awesome), but it's already sold out everywhere. Damn scalpers. The new trailer was amazing. I can't wait to freaking play this game and hope it lives up to the hype.

I'm excited. I didn't think the presentation was all that great, but the system has awesome potential. Mario Odyssey looked like a freakin Pixar movie come to life

I wish they had talked about the virtual console and if/how any old games would port over. There were so many rumors about Gamecube games coming, but nothing panned out. Perhaps to be announced later?

Hmm, not totally blown away. This might be the first time I won't get the Nintendo console on launch day...
    I was expecting them to come in guns blazing with more new games from their best loved IPs. Where's metroid, pikmin, kirby or even freaking Pokemon.
    Zelda looks nice and all but I want to read reviews / see gameplay first. All Zelda's that came after the wind waker I did like, but not really loved. And Skyward Sword was actually pretty boring at times, especially the whole overworldy flying bits.

However, that Mario Odyssee footage? YES!
    post28!

Skyward Sword, am replaying that one right now, but I don't really like / care for the WiiMotion Plus thing. Like, really don't.

About motion sensor stuff... so much has been confirmed already that I can't keep track.
    Has it been confirmed that the Switch unit itself has an infrared bar built in to keep track of motions of the Joy-Cons?

The most important motion-related Nintendo IP, Wii Fit, is also missing on the release year so far. Though I guess they would have to rename it as Switch Fit. Which sounds kinda ridiculous but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange Clouds View Post
    I wish they had talked about the virtual console and if/how any old games would port over. There were so many rumors about Gamecube games coming, but nothing panned out. Perhaps to be announced later?
    Hm Eurogamer reported that Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion and Smash Bros Melee were tested and working on Gamecube VC, but doesn't really name its sources other than being "multiple". All other other sites point to them; however, they've been right before about the Switch.