Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Wouldn't have guessed you wouldn't like turn-based btw, considering how much you liked Mario/Rabbits; is that perhaps because it is grid-map based?
    Ha, yes, I think that's the biggest part of it... Mario/Rabbids is turnbased but more about managing the field and finding/exploiting weak spots with the right characters than building up ultra-summonings or a zillion random encounters where all you do is select an action from a row of options. Grosly simplified of course
    I also loved the old star wars KOTOR games, and Mass Effect, so that kind of turn based I'm A-okay with!
    (oh, and Vagrant Story, anybody remember that one? Holy crap that was good)
    post28!

So happy BOTW wins Game of the Year!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/7/16...-game-tga-2017

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    ^That's awesome news and extremely well deserved. I am soooo excited about getting the new DLC tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    ^That's awesome news and extremely well deserved. I am soooo excited about getting the new DLC tonight!
    Same! I’ve got it downloaded so hopefully I will start this weekend. from the trailer it seems like it’ll be quite sizable. I’m curious how long it’ll play.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cl.../1100-6455504/

File this one under holy shit: Romancing SaGa 2 is finally getting a western localization for a console, and coming to the Switch next Friday, Dec 15!

I'm -gagging- this is incredible news!
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 12-08-2017 at 08:19 PM.

RS2 is the best SFC-era RPG there is. Seriously. This is the best news of 2017 IMO.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Ha, yes, I think that's the biggest part of it... Mario/Rabbids is turnbased but more about managing the field and finding/exploiting weak spots with the right characters than building up ultra-summonings or a zillion random encounters where all you do is select an action from a row of options. Grosly simplified of course
    I also loved the old star wars KOTOR games, and Mass Effect, so that kind of turn based I'm A-okay with!
    (oh, and Vagrant Story, anybody remember that one? Holy crap that was good)
    If you like simpicity and grid-map-based, look out for the new Fire Emblem that supposedly comes to Switch next year.

Xenoblade I only bought because it is by Nintendo itself; I think the mechanics are overly complitacted early on in the game.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

I finally beat The Darker Side of the Moon last night after probably 50 tries. I immediately went back to see if I could do it again and well, practice makes perfect. It was SO hard at the start, though. I felt like throwing my controller quite a few times.

The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down