Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    I was go glad to see this, and then even more excited when I saw their surprise unveiling of the Metroid II 3DS remake just a little bit later! I suspect it'll be quite a wait for Prime 4, but it's good to have a firm release date for Mario Odyssey now.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Also THIS.

Ever since the eShop was hacked we knew Super Mario & Luigi DX was in the works, but I really want it now. Kind of unclear if this is 3DS or Switch only.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Mario looks awesome, love the hat mechanic.
    Also, Mario + Rabbids seems fun!
    post28!

It is quite amazing how well the Switch is selling, still topping all the charts. They already sold as 22% as many units as the WiiU in its entire lifespan.

Husband is over the moon over the double Metroid news and the Superstar Saga remake. Meanwhile I'm just hoping they announce soon that the Mana trilogy is getting a localization overseas.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

^ I fear they probably won't. Considering buying the Japanese version (Switch is completely region free, and you can even buy from the Japanese estore as well).

The latter part is great if they get a Virtual Console up and running. I'd have used my WiiU a lot more had I native access to its eShop and VC catalog.

I'm pretty confident they won't localize it, I just think it's a majorly missed opportunity to give NA a classic property that's been repeatedly asked for. Oh well. Lots of great, actual new stuff coming out too. Hoping I get a chance at the Switch in this next year.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    The latter part is great if they get a Virtual Console up and running.
    They will. This week, Nintendo has been targetting ROM sites heavily to protect their IP (good for them; they still care about it / kill the pirates!). They mostly took down stuff that is up on VCs on 3DS and WiiU, with everything Mario, Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong or Pokémon in official itle, but also petty unofficial IPS patches. On top of that, idiotic IP titles like "Balloon Kid (GB)" and "Mario is Missing (SNES)" no one even buys. This must be foreboding a Switch virtual console for sure. They left Tetris (GB) completely alone, probably because of copyright issues between them and Alexey Paijitnov.

Yeah, they don't have Tetris at all anymore, though I do luckily own the digital GB copy on my 3DS (I mean, and both the Japanese and English carts but...).

I owned Mario Is Missing for NES. Mario's Time Machine makes that one look like a fucking masterpiece. I agree though, those are good signs we have VC to look forward to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah, they don't have Tetris at all anymore, though I do luckily own the digital GB copy on my 3DS (I mean, and both the Japanese and English carts but...).
    I have the original EU cart of Tetris GB, which contains the worldwide 1.1 version. The original Japanese v1.0 cart I think is lacking the iconic "Type A" music.
    Other nice options for Tetris I think are the NES edition (also lacking "Type A"), the DS one, and Super Tetris 3 for the SNES.
    That horrid 3DS one though....

The NES version does have the secondary iconic Tetris theme though, which is nice. That's the version of Tetris I grew up with actually.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Pretty sure I still have my Tetris cart that came packaged with my original GB - the screen is a little scratched up but it still works fine. Provided there's a good light source handy. Like sitting right under a lamp good. The "C" music was my jam haha.

I haven't touched my Japanese cart much, just because it barely works (it came with my GameBoy Light, AKA the best damned GB model of the classic vertically-oriented variety), but I should see if it lacked one of the musical themes.

Yeah mine is the original too. Have two Tetris and two original GB, that was one of the best multiplayer options for certain. My original Gameboy is a literal scrapheap, but the second we bought back then is in pristine condition. It is a Play it Loud! High Tech Transparent.

Btw, I now only play with backlights ever since I bought a AGS101 gba model. GB I now play exclusively by injecting the roms into the official virtual console on my 3dsXL with my own pallettes. Reminds me, here are some GB pallettes I created for the "green swap" option; the one Nintendo created I think is fugly as hell. It will always remain an approximation of course, as the original Gameboy didn't display in RGB; there was an actual hardware switch that could increase or decrease the contrast...
    https://mega.nz/#!8OoVmCzQ!hOgIL1lgu...wXCvrRfHP1yUYs

Basil

closest as I could get.

Onion

for playing in the dark.

Rosemary

for a better GB light feeling.