Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 169

Thread: Nintendo Switch

  1. #46
    DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    holt, mi
    Posts
    3,093
    Yeah, my backlit GBASP model coupled with my full library Everdrive is one of my most prized possessions haha. That Onion color scheme is great!

  2. #47
    Senior Member thestrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    Has anyone picked up Splatoon 2? I was a huge fan of the original, but I'm on a major budget squeeze for the rest of the summer. I'm wondering what ya'll think of the new edition.

    (I really hope they expand the Splatoon world into other genres as well... How great would a 3ds Splatoon platforming game be? I think the ink swimming mechanic could translate really well to that old style 16-bit platform and make for some fun gameplay.)

  3. #48
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,427
    Im on the Splatoon hypetrain. Bought the game cart, special Splatoon edition pro controller AND the Callie/Marie Amiibo combo (they give you gear in this game). Almost zero time to play today, is killing me small arghh. Let know when played some more.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

  4. #49
    :: dutch oven :: wout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    4,033
    Yes, do! I'm curious
    post28!

  5. #50
    I just bought a Switch this week! I only have Mario Kart 8 for now, but I'm hoping to add other games soon. My FC for anyone who wants to add me: 1788-9501-4209
    Remember that we once lived

  6. #51
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by thestrand View Post
    Has anyone picked up Splatoon 2? I was a huge fan of the original, but I'm on a major budget squeeze for the rest of the summer. I'm wondering what ya'll think of the new edition.

    (I really hope they expand the Splatoon world into other genres as well... How great would a 3ds Splatoon platforming game be? I think the ink swimming mechanic could translate really well to that old style 16-bit platform and make for some fun gameplay.)
    quick review spoilered for size;

    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

  7. #52
    Senior Member thestrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    Thank you for that detailed review! You have confirmed my suspicions, that this is a must buy and will likely to a serious system seller for the switch.

    In fact, while visiting my brother this weekend I showed him some youtube videos of Splatoon 2 in action and he decided to preorder a console. It'll be great to have a buddy to play with once I finally pick up a copy.

  8. #53
    :: dutch oven :: wout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    4,033
    I caved and got it on monday, after so many amazing reviews. and OMG heaps of FUN!!!

    So: SW 1075 0962 0135 (wout)

    Spikey: do you play with motion controls? "Everybody" says you should so you can aim more steady, but I find it quite tricky to get the sensitivity right while moving.
    post28!

  9. #54
    My boyfriend claims he's buying me Splatoon 2 when he comes back from vacation so I guess I'll know soon enough how it is

    For now... Mario Kart buddies?

    ETA: My Switch friend code comes up as Gavin.
    Remember that we once lived

  10. #55
    Senior Member thestrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    My friend code: SW-7337-9649-1295
    My username is lemonfjord. I'll be adding some of you so we can get some Unf tournaments going!

  11. #56
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,427


    OMG Unf is in on the Splatoon hype, this calls for a bonafide Unf Squad. Two more people in time for "Mayo versus Ketchup" Splatfast early August. Many people online are saying "Why mayo versus ketchup? Where do they compete?" I'm sure someone in Japan visited Holland or Belgium and came up with the idea, okay. What are you guys going to vote for, as we won't be able to play together in that global mess if we are not on the same team? I'm more of a Ketchup person, but adore Mayonaise (Lite with mustard added) at times. I wonder if the paint colors will actually adopt blood and sperm like colors. 0_o. ANYSPLATS My friend code is SW-4161-2129-8915, my handle is "Windows'95".

    Robert, if he doesn't buy it for you I totally will.

    By the by, "Salmon Run" is way more complex than I thought at first. Because;


    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Spikey: do you play with motion controls? "Everybody" says you should so you can aim more steady, but I find it quite tricky to get the sensitivity right while moving.
    Depends on the weapon for me. Nothing is quicker than the gyroscope while aiming with with shooters and sloshers, but playing with rollers and inkbrushes I may at times prefer manual. Only thing I can recommend is playing to 1-player mode, that seems really designed for teaching people the variety of weapons and controls. People are really divided on it, save for those with motion sickness; they cannot handle the gyroscopic nausea. Myself though, I get cramps in my hands though after playing too long with manual dual c-stick controls....
    It does take a lot of practice; I've been playing Splatoon 1 since May 2015 on WiiU and eventually enjoyed that hardcore S+ rank, so I wouldn't actually remember how someone new struggles with getting used to controls.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

  12. #57
    :: dutch oven :: wout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    4,033
    Okay, there's a few things that do annoy me. I fear some of it is simply Nintendo being stubborn with online play, but maybe I'm missing a feature?

    - you can't switch weapons ingame or even between games. Why!! If you get put in a team with 4 or no rollers, that kinda sucks... If you want some variety, you have to exit, equip, enter and hope you get some diversity.
    - the way players are divided amongst teams is off. I just had a game against 4 15+ levels with wicked outfits, and we had 2 lvl 6 players. Surely it must be balanced while dividing the teams?
    - so I have 8 people in my friendlist, 4 were playing splatoon. It's impossible to join their teams or games! you can't send out an invite, or cue up for their game at all. Maybe I'm spoiled with how the Xbox handles things but what's the use of a friendslist if the game doesn't give you proper options to team up with them...

    (I won't even mention the lack of a headset instead of a silly app)
    post28!

  13. #58
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,427
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Okay, there's a few things that do annoy me. I fear some of it is simply Nintendo being stubborn with online play, but maybe I'm missing a feature?

    - you can't switch weapons ingame or even between games. Why!! If you get put in a team with 4 or no rollers, that kinda sucks... If you want some variety, you have to exit, equip, enter and hope you get some diversity.
    - the way players are divided amongst teams is off. I just had a game against 4 15+ levels with wicked outfits, and we had 2 lvl 6 players. Surely it must be balanced while dividing the teams?
    - so I have 8 people in my friendlist, 4 were playing splatoon. It's impossible to join their teams or games! you can't send out an invite, or cue up for their game at all. Maybe I'm spoiled with how the Xbox handles things but what's the use of a friendslist if the game doesn't give you proper options to team up with them...

    (I won't even mention the lack of a headset instead of a silly app)
    - Turf War is completely random; that means weapons and levels aren't evened out based on global stats. You'll get more cash and exp though if you beat a higher levelled team (I think). Teams are shuffled each round though, so it matters even less. This isn't an issue in ranked, there, it is mostly balanced. Weird though that you can't switch weapons between matches in Turf War... I mean, what does it matter if matching isn't balanced and teams are shuffled anyway.
    - In-game, you'll strangely see people online, regardless of what they are playing. For example, I saw you with a status "online" in Splat2 tonight while you were actually playing MK8. =/. Don't know why Ninty did stuff like that, they must be crazy.
    - Have no problem joining friends who are currently playing Turf War myself; was probably playing Splat when you saw me online, however, I was playing Ranked, which probably means right now you can't join me while I'm playing THAT (ranked = solo). Strange though that you can't even send me a message or invite me to join a vanilla Turf War. Hit me up on Facebook if you see me online and want to play with me specifically =/.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

  14. #59
    Senior Member thestrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    422
    Gamestop is having a sale on Nintendo eShop gift cards this weekend. Buy a $50 card get a $10 card for free. (in store only)

    I'll be stopping in on my way home from work to pick some up so I can play Splatoon 2 tonight! Hope to see some of you on there!

  15. #60
    Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Snarkletown
    Posts
    3,427
    ^ played a few matches with you, but the shuffle didnt put us together .
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •