Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    ^ played a few matches with you, but the shuffle didnt put us together .
    Haha, I noticed your username as you used your Tri-Slosher to beat me! lol

Okay, so Motion Control on the regular controller doesn't work for me, it just feels off. But on Handheld mode? Oh man, what a difference... Way easier to get kills and my scores increased by a LOT.
    post28!

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar

Finally a few matches with Wout!!!

even full of trolls we were owning it...
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

Yay that was fun!! You and that slosher though Omg you got me good a few times.
    I lost connection one game so if I was suddenly gone, that was why
    post28!

The one time we got pitted against each other I got 16 kills in, but you were in a really unlucky shuffle with some horrendous players. I was killing a lot, was probably still in KILL! modus after a few hours in Ranked. You topped me in turfing every single time though. Pretty fearsome you were with those short rangers, can't wait to see you handling an N-Zap or a Splash-O-Matic.
    Join the Unf Discord (any device)! 60+ folks have already joined. https://discord.gg/6ek5qzz

Anyone downloaded the Nintendo Online Switch app? It is some pretty nice features for Spla2n; you can view the results of your last 50 battles here, but more importantly you can order gear here from a special shop, which you can then buy/pick up in-game from Murch. It doesn't sound that important, but the big difference is that these clothes get updated with every 2-hour rotation, and there are a lot of 4-slot ones among them.

I've downloaded it, but haven't used it much besides checking the battle/map schedule (Why isn't the Salmon Run schedule listed on there?), and ordering a few items from Murch. I'm curious to try using it for matchmaking after reading so many reviewers complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrand View Post
    (Why isn't the Salmon Run schedule listed on there?)
    Do you mean the "soon/next" times don't show when it is closed? I can see it listed right now, but it is open at the moment.

You are correct. I double checked just now and it does show SR as being open. It's pretty confusing where it is though (listed halfway down that long main page) instead of putting it on the schedule page with the other modes. I think that's my biggest issue with SplatNet2, is just that the UI is unnecessarily confusing!

It is a giant mess.

Hopefully they get around to fixing it, or at worst, just improving the UI of future apps. This is their first attempt at something like this, so they totally get a pass on it as they figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrand View Post
    Hopefully they get around to fixing it, or at worst, just improving the UI of future apps. This is their first attempt at something like this, so they totally get a pass on it as they figure it out.
    Ehh, I think they could've studied Overwatch a bit more. They've got a very clean interface and clear communication. Ninty is seriously behind on this stiff, which baffles me as there surely are enough people available with the knowledge. They could've made it a much smoother experience with a few adjustments, so I hope a patch can fix that.

(also, please, develop some proper headsets... Let the child-friendliness be a concern for the parents and give us grownups the chance to talk smack)
    post28!

^ One thing is certain, the original Splatoon was really barebones when it was released, and changed A LOT during a year of updates. I remember feeling like balancing updates, new modes, new weapons, new stages were raining down on me back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    ^ One thing is certain, the original Splatoon was really barebones when it was released, and changed A LOT during a year of updates. I remember feeling like balancing updates, new modes, new weapons, new stages were raining down on me back then.
    So true. I'm excited for whatever they have planned for us! (I'm secretly hoping for atleast one new mode for Ranked, maybe a more traditional Capture the Flag game [I know Rainmaker is similar] where there is a flag planted at each team's spawn point and you have to sneak up and get take it to your side?)

Ranked. I'm addicted. Almost broke into S-rank with Tower Control today, but then the very final three matches it all went to hell and fell back to "Ok" A+. This game isn't good for my heart and nerves . Currently A- on Splat Zones and B- on Rain Maker, but haven't really played either of those extensively yet. I detest areas with two seperate Splat Zones to control, like Moray Towers; especially because I feel vulnerable to long-rangers with my Gal .96 or Trislosher. A-rank is what I expected though - a total chaotic warzones with people applying all the nasty tricks on you ever.

Also, when you get higher on Salmon Run, man, that can be really tough, too. Last run there was a Splatling and a long ranger in rotation, but those weapons I can't with.

So far I'm really enjoying all of this. There is a Splatfast next weekend - at least in Europe!