Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

I'm in Chicago (CST) but I'll be in Germany for the next week and a half so I probably won't be playing too much (although, Thank You to the Switch, I'm sure I'll get in a bit of playtime in the evening in the hotel!). After that I'll be around regularly to join up with others.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Woomy, ngyes! I bought an official playstand for gaming on the go, like when visiting my parents. Works like a charm. When you're in Germ we might get some nightly splatting in (ehw).
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

If anyone's looking for any suggestions I thoroughly recommend Sonic Mania, I downloaded it to my Switch the other day and it's giving me all the mid 90s nostalgia I didn't know I was craving!

Wout, strand, if you are interested in a 30+ Splatoon 2 group on Discord, lemme know, I'll send you an invite. Things like League and Private Battle are so much fun, but accessible only when part of a much larger group.

Today competition must have been light, because I ended up in a League team ranking 10 in the GLOBAL top10 (!)

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    Mario+Rabbids came in last night and it's actually a ton of fun! Coincidentally enough, I just picked up Disgaea 5 which is pretty similar gameplay. M+R seems a little more basic, but it's incredibly charming. I didn't know what to expect, but it'll definitely make the wait for Odyssey a bit more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Mario+Rabbids came in last night and it's actually a ton of fun!
    It's LOADS of fun... It is the perfect marriage between Mario and FF tactics. I love it... Tight gameplay, fun level design, tons of stuff to collect and upgrade.
    Must have title.
    post28!

Got one this weekend. I'm underwhelmed. Looks like there are no exciting games for this yet, except for Mario+Rabbids, which I will try tonight. I'm not going to buy Rayman Legends and Mario Kart 8 again, and frankly, I'm a bit pissed that can't just somehow use the expensive games I bought for Wii U on the Nintendo Switch (or at the very least, purchase Nintendo Switch versions of my Wii U games at a seriously discounted price).

Also, it looks like the Nintendo Switch doesn't have YouTube or Netflix apps, which is a disappointment.

Yeah, the Switch has a LONG way to go, in my opinion. It needs a broader library and a virtual console. Aside from Mario Kart and maybe Splatoon 2 and Arms (both of which I have yet to play), it's still basically a $300 Zelda game for me.

I spent € 485,- on it, for the console, 2 extra controllers (which I may not need because Mario+Rabbids turns out to be a 1-2 player game, which is also disappointing) and that 1-2 Switch game (because Wii Play was a lot of fun and I figured this would be similar). At least I'm getting about € 150,- worth of free games to review for work.

I dunno, I have 4 games so far (Zelda, Rabbids, Mario Kart and Splatoon) and all 4 are imo true tripple a titles. And there's lots of stuff on the estore already.
    For the short life span, especially for a nintendo console that has very limited 3rd part support, I think it's pretty solid.
    And pretty soon we get the new Mario game
    post28!

Tried Mario+Rabbids tonight. Thought it was lame. Nothing like the other Mario games I have, and it doesn't look like you're truly able to play the full game with two players. Kind of tempted to see if I can return the thing.

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    Of course Mario+Rabidds is nothing like the other Mario games. It is a tactical game like Xcom. Maybe you should have read an article or two beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Got one this weekend. I'm underwhelmed. Looks like there are no exciting games for this yet, except for Mario+Rabbids, which I will try tonight. I'm not going to buy Rayman Legends and Mario Kart 8 again, and frankly, I'm a bit pissed that can't just somehow use the expensive games I bought for Wii U on the Nintendo Switch (or at the very least, purchase Nintendo Switch versions of my Wii U games at a seriously discounted price).

Also, it looks like the Nintendo Switch doesn't have YouTube or Netflix apps, which is a disappointment.
    What was the main reason for buying then? The most important system exclusives for this year will probabaly be all Nintendo IP: Arms, Splatoon, Mario Odyssee and Xenoblade.
    The top 3 reasons the Switch sold so well up until now are likely
    1. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    2. Mario Kart 8
    3. Splatoon 2
    If you like Nintendo IP in general, this should be a good year.

System exclusives by Nintendo for 2017;
    1-2 Switch
    Arms
    Flip Wars
    Mario + Rabbids
    Snipper Clips
    Super Mario Odyssee
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Splatoon 2

Nintendo exclusives available on Switch in 2017;
    Zelda BotW
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Mario Kart 8

Nintendo exclusives developed by others available on Switch in 2017;
    Azure Striker GunVolt: Striker Pack
    Blaster Master Zero
    Monster Hunter XX
    Mighty Gunvolt Burst

System exclusives developed by others I think are very interesting;
    Pokken Tournament DX
    Resident Evil: Revelations Collection
    Super Bomberman R
    Ultimate Street Fighter II

System exclusives in development by Nintendo;
    Kirby (2018)
    Fire Emblem (2018); the first on a console since Radiant Dawn (Wii)
    Yoshi (2018)
    Metroid Prime (unknown); the first since Metroid Prime III (Wii)

There is a ton of other exclusive and non-exclusive stuff too, myself I've been enjoying a bit of Bulb Boy, Shantae and Sonic.

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    Tried Mario+Rabbids tonight. Thought it was lame.
    Really? Ah, too bad. I personally love it, chasing perfect scores and getting all challenges. Animations are funny and zany and there's quite a bit of depth to the strategic gameplay.
    Perfect X-com meets Mario game if you ask me
    post28!