Thread: Morrissey vs. PJ

Thumbs down Morrissey vs. PJ

Somebody woke up with his panties bunched up. Morrissey bitter that PJ Harvey is going to be inducted int he Rock N Roll Hall of Fame before he is. Weird thing is that PJ isn't on this year's list so...

The reason I can't fully get into the Smiths is because every time I start nodding to the lyrics and smiling, sooner or later I remember the stupid, overgrown baby who wrote them.

It's not the first time he's had something unpleasant to say about Polly, I think. Which is a shame since PJ has always been very complimentary about The Smiths, but then again, she's a class act and not an 'overgrown baby' as Octopussy put it.

Didn't she open for Morrissey back in 2004? I remember him being very complimentary about her at the time. I think it was after he found out she was pro-fox hunting that he changed his tune. "Overgrown baby" is a good way to describe him. Still avidly love The Smiths as well as a good deal of his solo work, though. I just try not to ever read interviews with him anymore.
    My photo blog: polaroidsf

I'll be listening to Half a Person or something and thinking, "good song!" And then in my head I hear Morrissey saying "the fuck do you know" and suddenly I'm not interested.

He's bitter that his most relevant work was in a band 30 years ago while Polly had a number one album this year, over 20 years into her career. I love and was raised on the Smiths but I HATE Morrissey. What's with these old white men and their obsession with the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame anyway?

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    He's got a severe case of dried up cavities. Polly is not the only person who's had shit thrown at by him. He's had quite a number of demented things to say about pretty much anyone who is more relevant than he ever was.