Page 360 of 360 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360
Results 5,386 to 5,398 of 5398

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyJoy View Post
    Who would win though?
    Profile: Male, with a campaign leaning a bit left but not perceived as too progressive. Although not ideal, I think it's our only realistic hope of getting Trump booted out of office.

Sadly, there is just so much misogyny in our culture that I highly doubt a woman can pull it off. Especially one who identifies as belonging to the Democratic Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Really? A black, progressive woman? This is where living in the south reveals itself to be another planet. I don’t even want to think about how disgusting and ugly that whole election year would be, especially when they start tearing her personal life apart.
    Obviously you know more about what Floridians think than I do. I guess I was just encouraged by this:

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/19/why...crats_partner/

Andrew Gillum’s campaign for governor of Florida and his recent victory in that state’s Democratic primary have gained national attention, but not always the right kind. Gillum, who is African-American, is being heralded by President Obama, national Democratic Party donors and leaders, and thousands of inspired supporters as a true progressive who can re-activate the Obama coalition. His progressive views on climate change, gun violence prevention and abuses by ICE are held up as evidence that he is the kind of Democrat who can excite the base and lead us into the future.

While these positions are indeed progressive and reflect Andrew’s deeply held beliefs, they aren’t, in my opinion, what makes his candidacy for governor so inspiring. For too many Democrats, the recipe has been to focus on identity and rights, thus tying political liberalism to the economic neoliberalism of tech and finance mega-donors, with the fingers-crossed hope that it’ll be a good enough fit for millennials and the rising American electorate to carry the political day. What Gillum is showing us, though, is that Democrats can still support progressive causes but would benefit from starting with family, faith, and a strong work ethic, so that we can build a broader coalition of citizens than we may have ever imagined and without whom we can’t generate the political will to make the sweeping changes our country needs.

More than progressive issues, it is Gillum’s values-based approach, his personal story and his willingness to go anywhere and take seriously the concerns of everyone that make him compelling. These are qualities that make his candidacy attractive not just to base Democratic voters but also to a potentially much broader coalition that includes those who wouldn’t typically identify as progressives — he gets standing-room-only crowds even in the most conservative parts of the state.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Well, even here in CA, where she was pretty popular, people are already preparing their narrative to tear Harris down. "She was a cop". This is coming from the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Really? A black, progressive woman? This is where living in the south reveals itself to be another planet. I don’t even want to think about how disgusting and ugly that whole election year would be, especially when they start tearing her personal life apart.
    Oh I agree..I just meant a better chance than Warren. But maybe I'm totally wrong there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kala View Post
    Profile: Male, with a campaign leaning a bit left but not perceived as too progressive. Although not ideal, I think it's our only realistic hope of getting Trump booted out of office.

Sadly, there is just so much misogyny in our culture that I highly doubt a woman can pull it off. Especially one who identifies as belonging to the Democratic Party.
    Yes, I totally agree. We really just need someone who can appeal to "moderates" who don't love Trump.

I think Joe Biden could appeal to those white working-class males and probably beat Trump. He's not really my preferred candidate (I like Kamala Harris too, personally) but I really want the Dems to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Well, even here in CA, where she was pretty popular, people are already preparing their narrative to tear Harris down. "She was a cop". This is coming from the left.
    Libertarians mostly, aren't they? Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. The only thing they care about is the right to bear arms and the right to smoke pot.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Libertarians mostly, aren't they? Fuck them and the horse they rode in on. The only thing they care about is the right to bear arms and the right to smoke pot.
    Yup, but they aren't alone. The same crowd that were Bernie-or Bust and want the Democratic party to move all the way left or else. It boggles my mind to see us repeating the mistakes of the last election. We'd have had a MUCH better chance to keep moving that direction with an actual Democrat in the white house, and democrats running the house and senate, but these people are keeping up the all or nothing approach, tearing apart the only candidates we have, which just allows Trump and the GOP to keep up their assault.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    What do we think of this?

Faking? Trying to get leniency? A pardon?

Maybe he and Bill Cosby should be held in the same cell together so they can help each other out with their "health concerns." Bill can tap around with his cane to help Manafort find his missing shoe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/21/u...efinition.html

Trump Administration Eyes Defining Transgender Out of Existence
    What a chilling headline

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It is. The courts won't stop it either. Not our SC as it is. Congress? Nope. States will have to do it and hope these people can hold on for a few more years.

Which reminds me of this.

And that goes for all the sniveling little pissants hiding behind their hurt feelings as the reason they're still voting for Republicans: Fuck off. Every last one of you is a fucking liar.

You're trash. You've always been trash. When liberals were polite, you were trash. When liberals got a little rude, you were still trash. Now that we're tired of your shit and treating you like the trash you are, you're mortally offended and blaming us for being trash? Get the fuck out of here.

You laugh at sexual assault victims. You cheer Latino children being tortured. You get off on police murdering unarmed black men. You mock the disabled. You send death threats to high school students opposed to guns. You call for the murder of homosexuals. You. Are. Trash.

I know it's hard to look in the mirror and realize that you're the worst that humanity has to offer but you made that choice. No one forced you to be a garbage person. You did that. You. You can stop any time you want, too. But you won't because deep down inside, you like being trash. Own it. That's why you love Trump so much. He told you that being trash is OK and you thought you could come out of the shadows and walk tall as a garbage person.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^That was a delicious read.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life