Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 2,446 to 2,447 of 2447

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    My experience with the people who work at NSA is that they didn't get too angry with whistleblowers like Edward Snowden, because he revealed programs that were illegal even within the agency, and he had responsible journalists vet his information. But these same people were furious with Julian Assange, who used classic Russian-style disinformation for his own ends.
    DeRay on Crooked Media did an interview with Snowden a couple weeks ago. It was really interesting. My feelings on him are very complicated. Like it was not ok what they were doing and he seemed to take a lot of care to not unmask any person. His background isn't a radical person with an agenda, just a normal person who felt he had to speak out on something wrong. He seems to want to help people protect their privacy now. But... I don't agree with all that he does or says. I can't think of him as a hero, but I can't think of him as a traitor. Assange is a piece of shit.

*edit* Regina, I agree 100%.

Kari: Char = Louise Mensch is perfect. ()

I still have faith in the rule of law, I just think it's going to take longer to unfold than we'll be happy with. Social media will be a nightmare all the way through.