Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336
Results 5,026 to 5,036 of 5036

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Am I a bad person because I can't take it anymore? I can't. I have to unplug for awhile. I'm broke.

Same. Watching Rachel Maddow break down on-air last night and then seeing people laughing at her on Twitter and calling her fake was enough. I went for a drive on the beach at 1am with my iPod, then came home and went to bed. I have no desire to open twitter or watch the news this morning.

They are doing this on purpose. They love this reaction. They’re “owning the libs.” The supporters of this administration don’t have empathy or compassion. Republicans successfully smeared and dog-whistled about immigrants and minorities for over a decade and now it has turned immigrants into an “other.” They’ve been dehumanized to a point that Trump supporters think separating them from their families is hilarious. This country is broken. It was broken for a long time, and all these people were just waiting on someone like Trump to step into office so they could come out of the closet and show us how fucked up and vile they are.

I have to unplug for a while because I’m right on the verge of telling a lot of people some really horrible things, which made me realize that all their hate and vitriol is drawing me in and rubbing off on me.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    There's a list and map of events here.

There's another site here that seems down at the moment.

@benwikler is tweeting lots of useful information.

I'm hoping for something at the U.S. Embassy in London.
    Thank you! I'll definitely be going to one of the NY protests. I could not sleep at all last night. Right before bed I saw Maddow breakdown and Lewandowski's "womp womp." It haunted me. It feels like we are living in an alternate universe.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Anyone who has hit a wall needs to take a break. It's ok. Don't permanently disconnect, but it's been 18 months of this. Everyone needs to find a balance and to shut it off from time to time. Take breaks. Come back when you can to the extent that you can. It's been said a thousand times but it's a marathon, not a sprint. No one is weak or uncaring because this is too much. It is too much. Rest. Refresh. Come back and take over for someone else when they hit their max in a week, in a month, in six months.

The only person this doesn't seem to be exhausting to is Trump himself. He's in the wresting HOF for a good reason: villain applause gives him life. Applause at all gives him life. He doesn't look well and reports are that he's losing it, but he's holding it together on the outside ok and is better at pretending.

He's running out of options if he's going after literal children.

ugh.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    Am I a bad person because I can't take it anymore? I can't. I have to unplug for awhile. I'm broke.
    I haven't paid much attention for the last week because my life has fallen apart and I have nothing left to give. And that somehow makes me feel guilty, but I am hanging on by a thread as it is without absorbing all of what is going on. Just popped in here last night and I am having so many awful thoughts about so many people. The things I wish would happen to the people who fucking find this funny? To the people coming up with this policy and enforcing it? The fact that everyone at ICE involved in this has not quit because they're "just doing their job"?

This... no fucking words:

Accurate

how do all these kids get back to their parents/caregivers now?

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Is this a government cell phone, or is someone doxxing Stephen Miller?

https://splinternews.com/heres-steph...=1529510821860

A conservative friend (who is anti-Trump, but still anti-Obama) told me "if only the previous administration had done it... neither are worthy of the presidency."
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    how do all these kids get back to their parents/caregivers now?
    Last edited by fluteoftheloon; Yesterday at 10:58 PM.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    There's a list and map of events here.

There's another site here that seems down at the moment.

@benwikler is tweeting lots of useful information.

I'm hoping for something at the U.S. Embassy in London.
    Thank you for this. I've been trying to find something in my area and there is something.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life