Page 385 of 385 FirstFirst ... 285335375383384385
Results 5,761 to 5,766 of 5766

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Oh man, this sucks

Maybe he'll tweet out an explanation for v2 footnote 112

My brother and I were talking last night, and he predicted that this would end up with both sides being more entrenched than ever. And that’s exactly what happened. Of course it did. This country has two languages right now.

As far as whether or not to proceed with impeachment, I see the merit in both sides. Yes, we “should” go forth and impeach him in the House, even though the Senate world never convict and remove, because the evidence seems to be there. On the othermmm hand, 1998. Ask Newt Gingrich how well impeachment worked for him.

I’m fine with leaving this aside for now. Hell, it would probably be more ruinous to Trumpism to defeat it at the polls than to cut off the figurehead. There’s 565 days to the election. As far as what will happen, NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING. I have found that accepting that is the easiest path to peace.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    For me the big moment of the night was going to be the highly anticipated guest list on Hannity including Sarah Huckabee Sanders coming on to refute and get her good name back after admitting to lying to the press to Mueller.

So I tune in after flipping back and forth from Rachel to Hannity.
    And out of nowhere with no preamble Huckabee Sanders comes. She never denies what she said to Mueller. She never even talks about her involvement with the Mueller report or her name being in it. SHE WAS NEVER ASKED. She was on for a whole 20 seconds it felt talking about some generalized idea about how people feel about the FBI. She actually seemed a bit shocked when Hannity cut away from her very brief segment.
    I assume that Sanders hadn't heard from her boss, was probably hoping to when she was booked.. so she really didn't have anything to add or not add. At 9pm she had no idea what to really do.

But I'll tell you this.. I can just see her being congratulated and high-five's all around when before the end of summer she is at her new job hosting a show on Fox Business Network and as Fox News Contributor during the week for other shows.
    And I bet she wants to stay on at Trumpland. I just don't see that happening after tonight.
    Last edited by Volta; Today at 02:18 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    If nothing else happens or it takes a very long time for anything to happen.. I will take solace in the "Oh Fuck" that I'm sure I and the rest of the world heard from Barr and his teams offices. Especially after all the fist bumping from his summary.

Dude has no credibility. His presser this morning. Goodness me.

And watching Trump getting the hell out of dodge without talking to one reporter.

I don't comment on how damaging the report is because you all have addressed it and addressed it better than I could. I just wanted to share a couple little moments.

I still believe it's going to be a very long time before our country can come together. It's going to be a long time before the Democrats can regroup. It may be decades worth of distance before people are reasonable again. It's sad the deep divisions. The Jim Jordan's of the world that have lost their minds as they shift their values to do anything to protect Trump.
    Just on one's facebook feed the amount of people (division) who just want to stop hearing about Mueller and the amount of people giving them shit for supporting Trump and back again.
    I think my country has a great future with the young people coming up. They're so activated and counting down the days til they can vote. I just hope we leave them a planet with enough resources for their dreams to come true.
    Last edited by Volta; Today at 02:39 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I've wanted him impeached/removed for 27 months. Or 25th amendmented. He needs to be gone by any objective standard. The only people who don't think he needs to be gone are the MAGA idiots and people who depend on their votes or business.

I just don't know if impeachment is the right way to go. You know we're likely to lose and does losing make him stronger? There are zero reasons to NOT subpoena everything and everyone and hold hearings DAILY, however. We need to stop being cowardly wusses and be strong and loud and strident.

People are like "oh if we're talking about impeachment then the candidates will get sucked into it and lose in 2020" but candidates can say like "Well, I'm not a member of the House and I'll let them do what they need to do while I focus on my awesome health care plan over here..." We need to strategize together and unify. I don't know if Perez is up to that challenge. Steny Hoyer seems to be tanking it. Schumer can't even stand up for his own fellow congresspeople.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I just don't know if impeachment is the right way to go. You know we're likely to lose and does losing make him stronger? There are zero reasons to NOT subpoena everything and everyone and hold hearings DAILY, however. We need to stop being cowardly wusses and be strong and loud and strident.
    I kind of feel like this is the way to go. Almost like the Clinton email leak- roll it out slowly and drag it on through the election. There are plenty of people to investigate. It will stay in the news and reinforce his corruption.