Page 367 of 367 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5505

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Oh god, I thought the Greenland thing was a parody.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    That terrible painter did it again.url=https://ibb.co/37Y2VKJ]

[/url]
    This THIS is why I will miss this place the most!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    Oh god, I thought the Greenland thing was a parody.

I knew it was real. I'm too used to this motherfucker.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I truly wish a Big Mac would just... be too much to swallow for him. And people just stand around and watch without helping him. It's what he deserves.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    So.

Trump was already on blast for an anti-Semitic tweet. So today on Twitter?

He praises Henry Ford.

And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'd just like to say for the record I'm still waiting for the album whose sound matches that Tori ADP promo pic.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I'd just like to say for the record I'm still waiting for the album whose sound matches that Tori ADP promo pic.
    Aren't we all???!!

Also, I've decided at the moment I am more pissed off at the Democrats than anything. The fact that Trump has gone completely off his rocker and there is no coordinated messaging attack on him is just pathetic. I'm so fed up with the Democratic leadership. Trump is giving them gold with all his craziness and nothing but the random tweet from candidates. I can't help but think if things were reversed the Republicans would be conducting a nonstop media assault on the president. For god's sake the Republicans were way more forceful standing up to Obama than Democrats to Trump. Fuck decorum. Fuck civility. This is an emergency.

I think the thing is this. The dems cannot LAUNCH a nonstop media assault on the president. Why? It would validate the victim, being attacked stance of all republicans and their supporters.
    Last edited by entropy; Yesterday at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I think the thing is this. The dems cannot lunch a nonstop media assault on the president. Why? It would validate the victim, being attacked stance of all republicans and their supporters.
    But they could unite in SOME way. Or if they're going to separate into different attack modes, do it as a united party. "You! You go be brown over there. You! Go be a woman over the other way. You? You make fun of him. You? You make a rational argument. You? You say he's not worth responding to because your plan speaks for itself. Everyone pick one of those teams and GO!"

Alas, they're all acting on their own and sometimes it works and sometimes they look like amateurs. Sometimes? Most of the time. It's classic Three Stooges where they all run around in circles and crash into each other and knock each other out. The most success is when they're united on message(s). The SOTU, the shut down. They did get their shit together collectively for the mid-terms, but we shouldn't have to wait a year for them to do so now.

A good example is Bernie's campaign people are being horrible to people who dare call them out. Bernie should be reprimanding these people or firing them. I mean, I'm not saying they are entirely wrong on everything or that they have to be super polite to EVERYONE, but attacking people ostensibly on your side while you shout out how you couldn't bring yourself to vote for Hillary in a swing state? Fuck all the way off. On the flip side, since Inslee has dropped out, a few candidates have expressed "So sad to see you go. I'll try to carry on your message" types of things. THAT is what we need. Not rehashing 2016 again. The enemy isn't Hillary, ffs. It's Trump. And Mitch. All day every day that should be said by all of them. Not shaming colleagues under attack by right wingers on false premises, like the Squad.

So yeah, I'd love to see Adam Schiff calling him a big man baby on MSNBC every night, or my new favorite insult: Orange Skull. But if that's the wrong way to go because it feeds the victim narrative, find a different thing. DO SOMETHING. Use this recess to plan. Come back on day one after recess SWINGING as a PARTY. Attack on all flanks in a coordinated effort.

Alas, they're all acting on their own and sometimes it works and sometimes they look like amateurs. Sometimes? Most of the time. It's classic Three Stooges where they all run around in circles and crash into each other and knock each other out. The most success is when they're united on message(s). The SOTU, the shut down. They did get their shit together collectively for the mid-terms, but we shouldn't have to wait a year for them to do so now.
    This is exactly my frustration. I get it that they are all running primary campaigns. They can argue about the issues among themselves. But they can still unite together in a coordinated and smart way against Trump. Right now there is no plan whatsoever. The easiest way to corral everyone together would be to finally start the impeachment process. If they don't get on it immediately in the fall then they are crazy.
    Last edited by .chris; Yesterday at 08:59 PM.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    That's exactly it. The GOP is a united front. The same messaging across the board, repeated over and over. The Democrats have never been able to get that together. And here we are.

Yeah, I obviously really, really hate to fucking say it but I do think Trump will win another term. I just can't see Dems uniting around a single candidate.

The only way I see a Democrat in the White House is if Trump self destructs. He certainly is trending that way- but who knows what it will take? Recession? War?

Recession. That's why he's freaking out and doing the Greenland thing. He is dumb, but he's not THAT dumb.

And Mitch is CLEARLY frightened of losing the Senate if he's writing op-eds about how the filibuster needs to remain. Please. He'd have done ANYTHING to block Garland and install Gorsuch. He's so full of shit.

The rumor is that the GOP's own internal polling numbers are atrocious. They're seeing losing the Senate and the WH and more House seats. Now, I don't trust that bc complacency and protest voting on the left gave us Trump, and the Electoral College is the hurdle, not the vote totals, but a GOP decimation is not inconceivable. There's a reason why the "good" ones have resigned. We have 14 more months of economic anxiety (for real) and scandals we can't even imagine. His numbers are not going to go up. A primary challenger, a right wing independent candidate in the general... those things are huge potential calamities too.

So yeah, we could lose because Bernie sulks when he inevitably loses or voters are obstructed or fiddled with. But in a clean race? It's not looking good. It's not a lock, but we realistically could be laughing on the day after election like "What were we so worried about?" Unfortunately we could be all crying again. But to me, the big thing isn't just that we need more voters going out, but that we need enough of "them" to stay home.

And stuff like this won't change a single vote

Greenland and dumb stuff? Sure, that's terrible but it's not like ... nazi germany scary. We fucking told you. But it's a feature, not a bug. Economic anxiety my ass.

eta: 14 words in the headline, 88 highlighted. Surely a coincidence or a "you find it if you look for it" situation, right? They're blaming it on a contractor. Uh huh. Not sure if this is the SAME article sent out or just a second terrible one

Last edited by Regina Phalange; Yesterday at 11:33 PM.