Page 357 of 357 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357
Results 5,341 to 5,348 of 5348

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

I don’t think he’s resigning.

They want him to resign because then Trump can appoint his replacement. If he’s fired the Vacancies Act might come into play and the person in line behind Rosenstein (DOJ’s third in command) would step into his job.

Pete Williams is great to watch at times like this, because he knows fucking EVERYTHING. And yeah, he’s reporting that nothing has happened yet.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Trump is in NY, would he pass on the chance to fire him in person? Then again, Tillerson found out he was fired from the news, didn't he?

Just saw this and the comments are saying he is bad.

Trump is a fucking coward. He’s never fired any of them in person. He usually does it via Twitter when he’s out of town. Multiple people who’ve been fired said they heard it from the news first. Trump is in NY so I’m sure he’s having John Kelly handle the dirty work for him.

As a foreigner who never learned about this at school, is this the "Saturday Night Massacre" part of the Russia investigation? It kinda sounds like it from the wikipedia page I've got open in another tab. Bork! I just read up on Bork yesterday because of Kavanaugh.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Nixon kept firing people to get to someone (Bork) who would do what he wanted. In a fun juxtaposition: Bork was refused to the Supreme Court for his complicity. The Republicans have never gotten over this. They've called it the Dems playing politics with the court, but really, every day of the Trump administration has made it perfectly clear that anyone who would not stand up to Nixon had no business being in a position of power.

So even if Rosenstein is fired, it's not necessarily SNMassacure level bad. It has to be a series for a specific short term goal, imo.

And it might be moot

Sarah Sanders released a statement saying Trump would meet with Rosenstein to discuss this more in depth on Thursday. Thursday, the same day as the Senate hearings with Dr. Ford and Kavanaugh. I’m sure that’s purely coincidental and not at all a planned distraction.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    So from what I understand, the thinking is that Trump wanted to rail-road Rosenstein into resigning. They leaked it to the press that he was to resign and then when Rosenstein got there he said, "Hell no, you are going to have to fire me."