Page 239 of 244 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 3652

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I think he's the wrong choice, and not just 'cause he's a he. After what he did to Hillary or looked the away from what his stans did to her... after the "identity politics" stuff... It's not that he's not been an ally, but he's not our strongest ally. He's not a raging misogynist or anything, but ... ugh. And why we we constantly get told Hillary needs to go away (except to condemn Weinstein and be responsible for HIS actions, and Bill's again... 20 years later) but Bernie gets to stick around? The optics of this are just not good.

But hey, let's get mad about something new for the 1 o'clock EDT hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I AM SO FUCKING ANGRY THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE WORDS. I AM JUST A BALL OF FLAMES. I COULD TOAST MARSHMALLOWS ON MYSELF.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Bernie Sanders to deliver opening-night speech at Women's Convention

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/756825001/

Thank you so much for jumping on board, Bernie.
    He was invited.

From the article
    He was the right choice to be a headliner for the first national Women's Convention in 40 years, said Tamika Mallory, co-founder of Women's March, because Sanders knows how to mobilize a new generation of activists.

"I think that right now, no one can deny that Bernie Sanders is probably one of the most powerful U.S. senators ... on progressive issues, women’s issues, mobilizing millennials. He is really in line with the principles of the Women's March," Mallory said in an exclusive interview Wednesday night.

Those principles involve working toward collective liberation for women of all races, ethnicities, ages, abilities, sexual identities, gender expressions, immigration statuses, religious faiths, and economic statuses.

"There will definitely be a focus on the 2018 election and how we build political power," Mallory said, "but there will certainly be an educational component to help people who are new activists and give them the tools they need to do work in their communities that may not always be political but certainly is important."

Sanders, Mallory said, brings the experience of a long-time senator who continues to work to bring progressive change to government.

"We believe as women ... that we ought to have more than just women at the Women's Convention," Mallory said. "People want to hear from the leadership from within our government who can give us some insight about what's happening ... so we can know what we need to do to be able organize."
    He's the most popular politician in the US right now and is extremely popular with activists, and his politics and the Women's Movement's politics are basically intertwined. A friend of mine pointed out that it's possible they couldn't get Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren and went with Sanders. This could just be a matter of speaking fees.

Dude, with all due respect, shut up. The last thing I need is you fucking explaining to me why this isn't shitty. Just STOP.

His politics and the Women's Movement are intertwined MY ASS.

Quote Originally Posted by uncanny hats View Post
    He was invited.

From the article

He's the most popular politician in the US right now and is extremely popular with activists, and his politics and the Women's Movement's politics are basically intertwined. A friend of mine pointed out that it's possible they couldn't get Hillary Clinton or Elizabeth Warren and went with Sanders. This could just be a matter of speaking fees.
    Bless his heart.

I mean how dare women be upset that an old white man was chosen to make the keynote speech at a WOMEN'S CONFERENCE. How dare women who feel legitimately retraumatized right now talk about it.

I mean how dare women be upset that an old white man was chosen to make the keynote speech at a WOMEN'S CONFERENCE when he knows full well that his followers actively undermined women's issues by divebombing the Planned Parenthood pages with "sorry - not sorry!" posts during the election, indicating how unconcerned they were with the right to choose. How dare women who feel legitimately retraumatized right now talk about it.
    Fixed that for you.

I mean how dare women be upset that an old white man was chosen to make the keynote speech at a WOMEN'S CONFERENCE. How dare women who feel legitimately retraumatized right now talk about it.
    I don't think anyone said he was the keynote speaker. He's an opening night speaker. He's a headliner, but not the headliner. So is Maxine Waters.

I don't think anyone said he was the keynote speaker. He's an opening night speaker. He's a headliner, but not the headliner. So is Maxine Waters.
    This technicality makes me feel 0% better. He shouldn't be a headliner, period.

Bernie "Your Cunt Doesn't Matter" Sanders.

Harris? Mikulski? Gillibrand? Pelosi? Feinstein? Albright? Klobuchar?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Harris? Mikulski? Gillibrand? Pelosi? Feinstein? Albright? Klobuchar?
    I'm not sure what you're suggesting? Sanders is the most popular politician right now, and his speaking fees are notoriously low. Has anyone seen the full roster yet? I could see Klobuchar, Harris, and Gillibrand being interested. Pelosi probably wouldn't be invited, nor interested, after her support for pro-life Democrat candidates and her "we're a capitalist country" comment. The Womens' Movement (tm) is more left-leaning than I think most people realize.

I'm suggesting FEMALE Democratic politicians, with a known history of supporting and/or fighting for women's rights and of not dismissing Planned Parenthood, for fuck's sake.

Nunu, I know you like Bernie, but don't tell women that they're wrong to be upset about this. This is incredibly tone-deaf for them to do. Whether you like it or not, the resentment against Bernie is out there. This is picking at a scab that isn't ready to be picked at.

There are so many women they could pick, or even a man with better credentials as an ally. You don't have to hate Bernie to see that this is a bad decision.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I'm just curious: does anyone besides me remember this?

Documents Show Sanders Staffers Breached Clinton Voter Data

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...-voter-n482341

After Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign was disciplined by the Democratic National Committee for improperly accessing the Hillary Clinton campaign’s proprietary voter database, documents obtained and reviewed by NBC News appeared to show that at least four individuals affiliated with the Sanders campaign conducted searches and saved the Clinton campaign’s lists of potential voters over a period of more than 40 minutes.

NBC News has verified the authenticity of the documents, which appear to shed new light on the depth of the data breach, with a secondary source.

The DNC has revoked the Sanders’ campaigns credentials to access the data until an investigation has been conducted.

The Sanders campaign responded Friday by calling the staffers' actions "inappropriate" but also filed a lawsuit against the DNC over a "breach of contract."

"Rather incredibly, the leadership of the DNC has used this incident to shut down our ability to access our own information, information which is the lifeblood of this campaign," said Sanders campaign chief Jeff Weaver.

The complaint, filed late Friday in a U.S. district court in Washington, D.C., estimates the campaign could lose about $600,000 per day in donations because of the DNC's actions and that the political implications are "far more severe" and "incapable of measurement."

Weaver added that the campaign has fired one staffer involved in the incident and that it is internally investigating whether other individuals should be disciplined.

"We are running a clean campaign," he said.

National data Director Josh Uretsky, the staffer who was fired, told MSNBC in an interview that he takes responsibility for the incident but that he did not believe accessing the data was wrong.

"We didn't use [the data] for anything valuable and we didn't take custodianship of it," Uretsky said, arguing that he was trying to document the existence of the security breach but not exploit it.

"It's like if somebody leaves the front door open and you left a note inside the front door saying 'you left the door open,'' and then maybe you would check the side door to make sure that door was closed," he said.

"Honestly, the system belongs to the DNC and I did not believe at the time that I did it that they would think what I was doing was wrong," he added.
    ^ Neither did I! I distinctly remember contacting Hillary's people at that time to tell them I had no problem with Bernie's people having access to my data. Dumbass me, I thought we on the left were all in this together.