Page 116 of 201 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 3008

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    I cannot bring myself to watch the video of the handshake snub.
    Same. I watched the wiretap "joke" but I think I'm not physically able to cringe as much as I would need to if I saw the handshake snub video. Ugh.
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    ^ I think about what you say a lot. Part of what makes being president hard on people is the stress, the weight of the job. Does that affect him? Does he have a soul to be bothered at 3am? Presidents want to (usually) do what's right; at the very least they're concerned about their legacy. He doesn't give a shit about either. The normal stresses of the presidency might not reach him. He's so far over his head he has no idea he's over his head. He's surrounded by yes-men (literal men for the most part too). He seems to have no idea.
    I don't think he's up at night pacing the floor worrying about what's best for our country. He behaves more like some old world king than a president. In fact I'm surprised he doesn't have someone to taste his food. He may pass out of the picture before his term is over but I'd venture to say that it would be more from living high off the hog for so long rather than because he's stressed out about his job.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    I cannot bring myself to watch the video of the handshake snub.
    I thought he looked like a child being told to go sit next to the girl he's meant to work on a project with. I laughed, then remembered somehow this guy has access to launch codes.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Since there's going to be a LOT going on this week, here's a little nugget of satisfaction that's probably going to get lost in the hearings drama.

@kylegriffin1
    Trump has had a 17-pt swing against him *in a week*.

58% Disapprove
    37% Approve

—Gallup daily tracking

This is just not sustainable. I say he's gone in a year from now.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I just..

Fuck James Comey.

The hypocrisy of treating the Trump/Russia ongoing investigation as sacred when he shat out the letter about Hillary's emails... my faith in this investigation is so incredibly low.

And what is Nunes' game? Posing hypotheticals about the Clinton campaign being infiltrated by Russia in order to what? Put the Clinton campaign on equal footing with Trump? Christ.
    Last edited by Jake; 03-20-2017 at 02:52 PM.

As I posted on FB, just be aware that this is going to take some time. The Rethugs are laying the groundwork for prosecuting the "leaks" who were willing to risk imprisonment for doing the decent thing, but the fact that Comey is so tight-lipped gives me hope. That means that there's plenty of evidence to Donald's Russian ties that he can't discuss right now, because it's an ongoing investigation. Stay tuned, and stay focused.

He's a gift that keeps on giving, a true national treasure.

@carlbernstein
    I can state w/confidence that many intel members now decrying 'leaks' of classified info have themselves 'leaked' classified info knowingly

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    That means that there's plenty of evidence to Donald's Russian ties that he can't discuss right now, because it's an ongoing investigation. Stay tuned, and stay focused.
    This is what I hope! This is what I hope! A good investigation would take awhile. People were screaming IMPEACH from day one. It doesn't work that way! I want him to fall and fall hard, beyond any doubt!
    Last edited by entropy; 03-20-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    This is what I hope! This is what I hope! I good investigation would take awhile. People were screaming IMPEACH from day one. It doesn't work that way! I want him to fall and fall hard, beyond any doubt!
    I want him to fall and fall hard too, but in such a way that his fans recognize that he is a threat to America and to democracy. I get that he'll keep the very alt-right but I have hope that some middle conservatives may be open to hearing evidence that may change their views.

gdi

@bettinajudd
    Just saw someone refer to Trump supporters as Cult45 and I am mad that I never thought of it.

I don't get it. Is that a reference to the gun Colt 45 or the malt liquor??

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I don't get it. Is that a reference to the gun Colt 45 or the malt liquor??
    It's punny. A reference to the 45th president.